- 21 min ago Daily Horoscope: 19 January 2020
- 12 hrs ago From Deepika Padukone To Tamannaah Bhatia, These Divas Gave Us Sari Goals For Various Occasions
- 13 hrs ago Gauri Khan's Corset And Geometrically-Patterned Lehenga Is The Refreshing Outfit We All Wish We Had
- 13 hrs ago 8 Diseases Caused Due To Poor Sexual Hygiene
- Technology Flipkart Republic Day Sale 2020: Offers And Discounts On Samsung, Apple, Nokia, Xiaomi And More
- Movies TRP Toppers Online: Bigg Boss 13 Tops Chart With Record Breaking Number; Naagin 4 Witnesses Drop
- Sports Hero I-League 2019-20: Churchill Brothers look to halt TRAU’s winning run
- News No state can deny implementation of CAA, it’s unconstitutional: Kapil Sibal
- Finance Budget 2020: Halwa Ceremony On 20 January
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Over the last few decades, the number of people suffering from diabetes has risen significantly. The alarming numbers are at an all-time high and are a cause of concern.
In this life-long disease, a person's blood sugar level rises above the optimal level.
Sedentary lifestyle, genes, age, obesity, smoking and an unbalanced diet are some of the most common culprits behind this malady.
Also Read: 14 Herbs For Diabetic Patients
Diabetes adversely affects a person's metabolism and, in a few severe cases, it could lead to kidney failure.
In other words, people with high blood sugar level are more likely to develop life-threatening diseases. Hence, keeping the blood sugar level in check is highly critical for a person's well-being.
Most doctors recommend a change in lifestyle and diet to regulate the blood sugar level. Believe it or not, but when it comes to diabetes, your diet plays an extremely important role.
Also Read: Best Power Foods For Diabetes
So, today at Boldsky, we've compiled a list of herbs and spices that you can incorporate in your diet to keep the blood sugar level in control.
These herbs and spices are rich in potent ingredients that enable them to regulate the blood sugar level and prevent diabetes from getting worst.
Take a look at these.
Fenugreek is an excellent herb, which is infused with potent compounds that enable it to effectively lower blood sugar. Since ancient times, people have incorporated this in their diet to keep the blood sugar level in check.
Evidence-backed studies prove that basil, aka tulsi, can lower blood glucose level. Ayurveda considers it to be one of the most important herbs for its unique medicinal properties. Having basil on a regular basis will aid you to fight against diabetes.
Loaded with phytonutrients, this spice is known to have a great impact on people suffering from type 2 diabetes. Researchers found that cinnamon can significantly improve the fasting blood sugar level.
Fennel, also known as sauf, is rich in dietary fibre, antioxidants and vitamin C and other essential compounds that play a huge role in controlling your blood sugar level.
For centuries, garlic has been used as an antidote to treat various ailments, specially diabetes. It is known to effectively increase the amount of insulin and also keep the blood sugar levels in control.
Many experts believe that just a modest amount of ginger can regulate the blood sugar level to a great extent. It is believed that, it is replete with a particular enzyme that effectively fights diabetes.
This traditional spice is known for its exceptional properties that enable it to effectively lower the blood sugar level and cholesterol. Add cumin to your diet to reap its benefits.
This holistic clove is known for its medicinal and therapeutic values. Several studies and researches have been conducted to check the impact of cloves on blood sugar level. Experts have come to believe that consumption of cloves, in the long run, can have positive effects on a person suffering from diabetes.
Highly popular in the culinary world, turmeric is another potent spice that is known to combat diabetes. Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant in nature, turmeric is considered to be a highly effective natural ingredient for preventing and, in other cases, fighting diabetes.