- 20 min ago International Day Of Yoga 2021: 15 Easy Yoga Poses For Children
- 6 hrs ago Father’s Day 2021: 5 Grooming Products To Gift Your Dad And Show Him That You Care
- 7 hrs ago International Yoga Day 2021: Benefits Of Tortoise Pose Yoga And How To Do It
- 21 hrs ago Father’s Day 2021: Here’s The History And Significance Of This Day
- News KK Shailaja bags prestigious European award
- Movies Father's Day 2021: Ankita Lokhande, Tina Datta, Gautam Rode & Other TV Celebs Wish Their Super Dads!
- Sports Sajan Prakash, Srihari Nataraj bag gold but miss Olympic 'A' cut
- Finance Top Discount Stock Brokers Offering Best Demat and Trading Account in India 2021
- Automobiles Tata Motors’ Strides In The Commercial Vehicle Segment: Long Haulage With Tata Trucks
- Technology Samsung Processor With AMD RDNA2 GPU To Launch In July
- Education International Yoga Day 2021: Try These 5 Yoga Exercises To Improve Posture While Working From Home
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
Amid the major fire breakout at All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Delhi on Saturday, the doctors succeeded in helping a woman deliver a baby girl.
The 30-year-old mother who was admitted in the gynaecology ward went into labour while the hospital staff was busy evacuating all the patients in the emergency ward.
The mother was then moved to the operation theatre at Dr Rajendra Prasad Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences of the Institute where she gave birth to a healthy baby girl at around 9.30 pm.
A senior doctor who helped to deliver the baby said that it was their duty to attend to the patient and they cannot ignore it under any situation as the life of the patient and her child was more important than anything.
On Saturday, the medical institute witnessed one of the worst fire incidents, which occurred at around 5 pm at the Microbiology department of AIIMS. However, no casualty was reported. The fire had damaged multiple floors and at least 34 firefighters rushed to the spot.
The doctors said the origin of the fire is suspected to be from the under-construction areas of the teaching block.