- News PM Modi inaugurates Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Power Project in Madhya Pradesh via video conference
- Automobiles Ducati Multistrada 950 Gets A White Colour Scheme: India Launch Soon
- Movies Kangana Ranaut's Team Reacts To Pooja Bhatt's 'Proof' Video: She Wishes Patriarchy Ends
- Sports Michael Holding reveals the racism his parents faced
- Technology Realme C11 India Launch Pegged For July 14: Expected Specifications
- Finance Mutual Fund Interest Is Slowing And It’s Worrisome
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In July 2020
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Titled 'Mosaiq', designer duo, Pankaj & Nidhi presented their maiden couture collection at the FDCI India Couture Week 2019. Their collection beckoned us to look beyond the usual heavy attires and they gave a fresh perspective to the Indian couture. However, we felt their debut couture collection was a cross between prêt and couture. Pankaj & Nidhi's ensembles were more ideal for cocktail and light wedding occasions.
For their first ever couture collection, the designer duo played with the idea of surface ornamentation, embroidery, and moreover they treated traditional appliqué with a brand new approach. The ensembles from Pankaj & Nidhi's collection were intricately textural and absolutely architectural. The outfits were mainly characterised by structural silhouettes and there was an element of subtle grandeur to their outfits. Pankaj & Nidhi incorporated mirror-work, crystal embellishment, lattice, and quilting in their gowns and separates. In other words, the embellishments in their collection were a break from intense shimmers. The ensembles from 'Mosaiq' were a lot more understated in terms of adornments and more in tune with the sensibilities of modern Indian women.
Also, the attires seemed more about graphical representation of palatial forts, museums, and palaces with occasional floral accents. The models sashayed down the ramp and their looks were minimal - they mirrored the spirit of young India, which is about keeping it light yet dramatic. Their statement jewellery pieces were sourced from House of Aynat. The makeup done was dewy and fresh but the makeup artist definitely played with eye shadows. The hairdos of the models were impeccable and had a whiff of wet touch. Aditi Rao Hydari was the showstopper and she looked amazing in her separates. So, what do you think about Pankaj & Nidhi's collection? Let us know that in the comment section.