TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- How The Phone Calls And Explosives Clearly Link Pulwama Attack To Pakistan
- Mahindra XUV300 Electric S210 Promises A Range Of 400km — Details Out!
- IPL 2019 Schedule — Chennai Super Kings Take On Royal Challengers Bangalore In Season Opener On March 23rd
- Samsung Galaxy S10+ Tipped To Launch In Ceramic Black: Price And Specs
- Here's Portal To Apply For Education Loan At Multiple Banks
- Indian Fests In March — A 2019 Must-Visit Checklist
- Madhu Chopra Reacts To Priyanka's 'Baby Bump' Photos!
- Kangana Ranaut Convinces Us To Make Sari An Everyday Wear With This Humble Sari
The theme of Met Gala 2018 is "Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination". Going by the theme of the most exclusive fashion soiree, if you come dressed as a pope, well you are bound to nail the look. What is so daring about it!
Such was the case with the queen of Met Gala-Rihanna, who is also co-chairing this year's most exclusive fashion soiree. One of the most highly followed celebs, Rihanna made a grand entry dressed as the fashion pope.
Designed by Margiela, her costume sent an icy chill and was encrusted with pearls and precious jewels. Inspired by Catholicism, her edgy attire was enhanced by a crucifix necklace and pearl anklets. Riri's ensemble, which consisted of a dress and a matching overcoat wouldn't have achieved the complete Pope-inspired look, had it not been for her Bishop hat.
Reminiscent of the papal tiaras of medieval era, her Catholic headwear rounded off her look and made her appear striking.
But unlike last year, where she donned a very surreal and challenging sculptural floral costume characterised by pulled-apart like petals, her this year's look was well, but obvious.
A post shared by Maison Margiela (@maisonmargiela) on May 7, 2018 at 5:06pm PDT
Sure, she looked magnificent dressed in the Catholic outfit but we really expected more from Rihanna. Starlets including Sarah Jessica Parker, Jennifer Lopez, Katy Perry, Madonna, and a few more safely managed to steal her thunder with their bold choices.
So, what do you think about Riri's fashionable pope ensemble. Do you think she pushed the boundaries or played it safe?