Kate Middleton brought back the past heritage with her latest number that she sported for an event. The Duchess of Cambridge accompanied state visit guests and Prime Minister Theresa May, to the Netherlands State Banquet, which was held at the ballroom of Buckingham Palace. The usually casually dressed Kate switched to a quintessential royal avatar for the event.
Her outfit was about keeping the traditionalism relevant, so it was sans the modern aesthetics. In fact, she accessorised her look with vintage jewellery. Her gown was by Alexander McQueen but it very much flaunted the design sensibilities of the 20s and 30s fashion. It was an icy number, wrinkled and structured, but it took a flared and an asymmetrical turn.
It was what you would call a fish or mermaid-cut gown with a corset bodice. We thought that with this piece, Kate promoted the significance of golden days aesthetics in modern times. She wore pearl drop studs, but her dramatic necklace was from the royal heirloom jewellery.
It was the 18th-century neckpiece and the dainty tiara was one of the favourites of late Princess Diana. Kate Middleton looked resplendent and encouraged us to keep nostalgia and past heritage alive.
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- BJP-Cong Spar Over EVMs Again: This Time There Is An International Conspiracy To It
- ICC Awards 2018 Winners' List: Virat Kohli Sweeps Awards; Makes History
- New Upcoming Maruti Cars In India — 12 New Models In Next Two Years
- Reliance Jio To Foray Into E-Commerce Business In India
- 7 Best Monthly Income Plans To Consider For 2019
- Kangana on #MeToo: I Was Pinched On My B*tt In The Middle Of A Group
- The Surreal Mahoba, An Offbeat Gem In Uttar Pradesh
- Health Benefits Of L-arginine