- 8 hrs ago Lakme Fashion Week Summer Resort 2020: Kareena Kapoor Khan Stuns In A Dramatic Green Gown
- 12 hrs ago Lakme Fashion Week Summer Resort 2020: Ileana D’Cruz Looks Captivating In Purple Lehenga On The Ramp
- 14 hrs ago Lakme Fashion Week Summer Resort 2020: Jim Sarbh Gives Us Inspiring Fashion Moment In Ethnic Attire
- 14 hrs ago Lakme Fashion Week Summer Resort 2020: Divya Khosla Kumar Sparkles In Silver Attire On The Ramp
- Technology 10 Must Know Run Commands For Every Windows User
- Sports Lazio 2-1 Inter: Milinkovic-Savic deals blow in Serie A title race
- Movies Vicky Kaushal Does Not Plan His Career; Says It Will Make Him Rigid As An Actor
- News India rejects scope for third party mediation to resolve Kashmir issue
- Finance Do you have Sufficient Insurance Cover? Use this Guideline to Find Out
- Automobiles New Maruti Ignis BS6 Facelift Launched In India At Rs 4.83 Lakh: Prices Hiked By Up To Rs 25,000
- Travel 10 Family Holiday Destinations To Visit In February In India
- Education CBSE Exam Centre Locator App: Why Class 10 & 12 Students Should Download?
The original Dream Girl starring veteran actors, Hema Malini, Dharmendra, and Ashok Kumar was released in 1977 but decades later Dream Girl has hit the screens again. However, only this time, the star cast comprises Ayushmann Khurrana, Nushrat Bharucha, and Annu Kapoor in the lead. The movie opened to positive reviews and as we all know, Ayushmann Khurrana is the Dream Girl of the movie. The 66th National Film Awards Winner in the Best Actor category for Andhadhun, Ayushmann is actually brilliant as the Dream Girl .
In the movie, he plays a character, who dons the role of mythological characters, Sita, Radha, and others to earn a living but much against the wishes of his father (Annu Kapoor). In one of the scenes, we see Ayushmann Khurrana performing at a stage play, where he is seen coming out of a hut as a female character, Sita. Later, he takes up a job as a female telecaller at a shady hotline, pretending to be Pooja, who seduces customers with her voice. Soon, a number of his male customers develop a crush on him thinking that he is a woman. What surprised us was that after ages we saw a male actor dressed as a female. From a fashion lens too, we found this movie interesting and have decoded some of Ayushmann's wardrobe from the movie for you.
So, dressed as Sita, Ayushmann knocked our socks off with a muted rust orange sari drape covering his head. He teamed it with a classic mangalsutra, wore a sindoor, and the sleek tresses rounded out the actor's avatar. He even applied a light pink lip shade. His earthy-toned sari changes to a vibrant blue sari in another scene. This time, Ayushmann Khurrana is seen shaking a leg dressed in a blue sari with colourful floral accents. This was a maximalist look and his jewellery consisted of a delicate nath, hair accessory, a maang-tikka, necklace, and bangles. The pink lip shade, a jewelled bindi, and contoured cheekbones highlighted his look.
Ayushmann Khurrana dressed as female characters was not only a treat to the eyes but also added to his list of versatile roles. The costume designer of the movie is Shahjade Khan and he did a commendable job too dressing Ayushmann for one of his most iconic roles, so far.