- 44 min ago International Day Of Yoga 2021: 15 Easy Yoga Poses For Children
- 7 hrs ago Father’s Day 2021: 5 Grooming Products To Gift Your Dad And Show Him That You Care
- 8 hrs ago International Yoga Day 2021: Benefits Of Tortoise Pose Yoga And How To Do It
- 22 hrs ago Father’s Day 2021: Here’s The History And Significance Of This Day
- Finance Sales Recovery In Sight With Easing Of COVID 19 Curbs Across States: MG Motor
- News KK Shailaja bags prestigious European award
- Movies Father's Day 2021: Ankita Lokhande, Tina Datta, Gautam Rode & Other TV Celebs Wish Their Super Dads!
- Sports Sajan Prakash, Srihari Nataraj bag gold but miss Olympic 'A' cut
- Automobiles Tata Motors’ Strides In The Commercial Vehicle Segment: Long Haulage With Tata Trucks
- Technology Samsung Processor With AMD RDNA2 GPU To Launch In July
- Education International Yoga Day 2021: Try These 5 Yoga Exercises To Improve Posture While Working From Home
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
Mohammed Yusuf Khan or popularly known by his stage name, Dilip Kumar is one of the most celebrated Indian film actors of all times. The legendary actor has worked in over 65 films and is said to be among the actors, who popularised method acting. Apart from his acting prowess, he is also known for his philanthropic work. Born on 11 December 1922, today is Dilip Kumar's birthday and well, not just his hit films we are also going to talk about his fashion in the movies.
1. Dilip Kumar's Fashion In Devdas (1955)
Devdas (1955) is a period-drama film that was directed by Bimal Roy and based on the novel by Sharat Chandra Chattopadhyay. In the movie, Dilip Kumar performed the role of Devdas, who couldn't marry his childhood friend, Paro (Suchitra Sen) because of caste difference. Grief-stricken, he becomes an alcoholic at Chandramukhi's (Vyjayanthimala) place. Chandramukhi falls in love with Devdas but Devdas is confused between Paro and Chandramukhi. Devdas was much more than a romantic classic as it highlighted regressive customs in Bengal in the 1900s and perils of alcoholism. As Dilip Kumar played a young man from Bengal, his outfits included simple kurta-pyjamas and kurta and jacket with a dhoti. He also flaunted muffler in the movie to accentuate his look as Devdas.
2. Dilip Kumar's Fashion In Naya Daur (1957)
Naya Daur (1957) was also one of the most famous movies of veteran actor Dilip Kumar. The movie is a sports-drama film centred on the idea of man versus machine. Directed by B.R. Chopra and written by Akhtar Mirza and Kamil Rashid, the film also highlighted the fragile bonds of friendship against a romantic backdrop. In this movie too, Vyjayanthimala was cast opposite Dilip Kumar. Dilip Kumar is from a village in the movie and his clothes are kept in tune with the rural sensibility. Dilip Kumar as Shankar wore kurta pyjamas with cummerbunds and sleeveless jacket and stole with a locket.
3. Dilip Kumar's Fashion In Mughal-e-Azam (1960)
Mughal-e-Azam (1960) is one of the epic movies of the Indian cinema and was directed by K. Asif and produced by Shapoorji Pallonji. The movie was a love story between Prince Salim (played by Dilip Kumar) and Anarkali (Madhubala). Prince Salim later went on to become Emperor Jahangir. Prince Salim's affair with Anarkali was disapproved by Emperor Akbar (Prithviraj Kapoor), which leads to a conflict between father and son. His outfits in the movie are regal and resplendent with rich hues. He wore vibrant and intricately-done sherwanis in the movie with heavy jewels and layers of pearls as the most prominent jewellery. In fact, Mughal-e-Azam's fashion has largely influenced the designers, who have recreated the outfits of both Salim and Anarkali.
4. Dilip Kumar's Fashion In Ganga Jumna (1961)
Ganga Jumna (1961) was written and produced by Dilip Kumar and directed by Nitin Bose with dialogues by Wajahat Mirza. The film revolves around the life and perceptions of two brothers Ganga (Dilip Kumar) and Nasir Khan (Jumna). This movie too had Vyjayanthimala as the leading lady. In the movie, Dilip Kumar sported muted full-sleeved kurta pyjamas with lockets. Sometimes, he also wore cummerbunds and his half moustache also became famous after the movie.
5. Dilip Kumar's Fashion In Ram Aur Shyam (1967)
In Ram Aur Shyam (1967) Dilip Kumar played the double role and two diverse characters. Ram and Shyam are brothers separated at birth and while Ram is the goody-goody brother, Shyam is the mischievous brother. The movie also starred Waheeda Rehman and Mumtaz in the lead, and this film was among the most successful films of Dilip Kumar. In the movie, Dilip Kumar mostly wears western outfits including shirt, sweater, and pants, blazers, and sometimes kurta pyjamas. The outfits in this movie of his are relatable and simple.
So, which outfit of Dilip Kumar from his movie did you like the most? Let us know that.
Happy Birthday, Dilip Kumar!