- 9 min ago Free Oxygen on Wheels - life saving initiative of Maharaja Agrasen Hospital in association with Greenwood High
- 4 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 14 May 2021
- 11 hrs ago Ivermectin For COVID-19 Treatment: Goa Recommends Ivermectin; WHO Warns Against Use
- 16 hrs ago Akshaya Tritiya 2021: Things To Donate As Per Your Zodiac Sign
- News Eid Mubarak! PM Modi greets people on Eid
- Sports Chelsea vs Leicester City FA Cup Final 2021: Preview, Time in India, TV Channel & Live Streaming Details
- Technology Google Pixel 6, Pixel 6 Pro Renders Emerge Online
- Education Gujarat SSC 2021 Cancelled, GSEB To Grant Mass Promotion Without Exams
- Movies Soorarai Pottru Enters The IMDb Top Rated Films List; The Suriya Starrer Sets A New Record!
- Finance First State-Owned InvIT To List On Bourses On May 17: Here's What To Expect From Its Listing
- Automobiles 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace Teased Ahead Of India Launch
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Telangana In May
Some people are so addicted to that one dish in their meal and that's nothing but 'Pickle.' Lunch or dinner can never be complete without having a pickle alongside on our plate, right? Yes, pickles are the best things to have during a meal to improve the taste quotient of that dish.
So today, we're sharing with you the recipe of carrot pickle, which is a perfect mouth-watering little piece of heaven.
Carrot pickles are not just great to taste with sambar and rasam rice, but serve as the best combination with chapatis and rotis along with some curd.
You can have this yummy pickle with some hot rice, roti (akki roti) with ghee and curds too. Carrots are sweet to taste, but when you add the chilly powder to them, it gives you that kick of a tangy taste.
So, you need not buy these pickles from a grocery store, as you can make them easily at home. Try it today. The best part of the pickle is that you can store it for a long time in an air-tight container and relish every piece of it to your heart's content.
So, here's the recipe for the tangy carrot pickle, have a look:
Serves - 4
Cooking time - 10 minutes
Preparation time - 10 minutes
- Carrots - 5 to 6
- Red chillies - 6 (for spiciness)
- Dried red chillies - 2 (To add the colour)
- Lemon - 2 teaspoons
- Chilli powder - 2 tablespoons
- Mustard seeds - 1/4th teaspoon
- Cut the carrots vertically and add two spoons of lemon juice to it.
- Take a small pan and add oil, mustard seeds and red chilli powder to it.
- Tranfer this to the carrot bowl.
- Now, take a mixy jar and add 5 to 6 normal red chillies and dried red chillies.
- Meanwhile, boil some water.
- Add the warm water to the mixy jar along with some salt and grind the red chillies to a fine paste.
- Transfer this mixture to the carrot bowl and mix all the ingredients well.
Serve the spicy carrot pickle with some hot rice or chapati.
Do try this recipe and let us know your feedback.