- 1 hr ago Daily Horoscope: 11 July 2020
- 13 hrs ago Aamna Sharif Or Surbhi Chandna, Whose Pretty Floral Dress Would You Like To Flaunt At The Party?
- 13 hrs ago World Population Day 2020: Know About The History, Theme And Significance Of This Day
- 14 hrs ago Anushka Sharma Exudes Fresh And Lively Vibes In Her Beach-Perfect Breezy Outfits
- Technology POCO M2 Pro Vs Other Budget Smartphones Under Rs. 15,000
- Sports England vs West Indies, 1st Test, Day 3 Highlights: Dowrich, Brathwaite fifties help tourists tighten grip
- Movies Charu Asopa On Her Marriage With Rajeev Sen: He Has Moved Out, But I Am Still Staying In The House
- News WHO lauds Dharavi, Asia's largest slum for breaking COVID-19 transmission chain
- Automobiles MG Motor Launches MG-SEWA Parents First Initiative: To Sanitise Owner’s Parent’s Cars
- Finance Nifty Ends Lower Dragged Down By Banks
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In July 2020
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Some people are so addicted to that one dish in their meal and that's nothing but 'Pickle.' Lunch or dinner can never be complete without having a pickle alongside on our plate, right? Yes, pickles are the best things to have during a meal to improve the taste quotient of that dish.
So today, we're sharing with you the recipe of carrot pickle, which is a perfect mouth-watering little piece of heaven.
Carrot pickles are not just great to taste with sambar and rasam rice, but serve as the best combination with chapatis and rotis along with some curd.
You can have this yummy pickle with some hot rice, roti (akki roti) with ghee and curds too. Carrots are sweet to taste, but when you add the chilly powder to them, it gives you that kick of a tangy taste.
So, you need not buy these pickles from a grocery store, as you can make them easily at home. Try it today. The best part of the pickle is that you can store it for a long time in an air-tight container and relish every piece of it to your heart's content.
So, here's the recipe for the tangy carrot pickle, have a look:
Serves - 4
Cooking time - 10 minutes
Preparation time - 10 minutes
- Carrots - 5 to 6
- Red chillies - 6 (for spiciness)
- Dried red chillies - 2 (To add the colour)
- Lemon - 2 teaspoons
- Chilli powder - 2 tablespoons
- Mustard seeds - 1/4th teaspoon
- Cut the carrots vertically and add two spoons of lemon juice to it.
- Take a small pan and add oil, mustard seeds and red chilli powder to it.
- Tranfer this to the carrot bowl.
- Now, take a mixy jar and add 5 to 6 normal red chillies and dried red chillies.
- Meanwhile, boil some water.
- Add the warm water to the mixy jar along with some salt and grind the red chillies to a fine paste.
- Transfer this mixture to the carrot bowl and mix all the ingredients well.
Do try this recipe and let us know your feedback.