- Sports ISL 2019-20: Odisha vs Kerala Blasters preview, where to watch, live streaming
- Technology NASA Insight Lander To Help Mars Mole Probe Make A Move
- News Nirbhaya case: Delhi court dismisses Vinay Sharma's plea claiming he suffers from mental illness
- Movies TRP Toppers Online: Bigg Boss 13 Bags Top Spot; Ek Duje Ke Vaaste 2 Enters The Chart
- Finance 4 Factors That Could Affect Markets This Week
- Automobiles Urban Mobility Lab Launched In Bangalore By Rocky Mountain Institute And Micelio
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
- Travel Top 6 Places To Visit In India To Observe Maha Shivratri!
Some people are so addicted to that one dish in their meal and that's nothing but 'Pickle.' Lunch or dinner can never be complete without having a pickle alongside on our plate, right? Yes, pickles are the best things to have during a meal to improve the taste quotient of that dish.
So today, we're sharing with you the recipe of carrot pickle, which is a perfect mouth-watering little piece of heaven.
Carrot pickles are not just great to taste with sambar and rasam rice, but serve as the best combination with chapatis and rotis along with some curd.
You can have this yummy pickle with some hot rice, roti (akki roti) with ghee and curds too. Carrots are sweet to taste, but when you add the chilly powder to them, it gives you that kick of a tangy taste.
So, you need not buy these pickles from a grocery store, as you can make them easily at home. Try it today. The best part of the pickle is that you can store it for a long time in an air-tight container and relish every piece of it to your heart's content.
So, here's the recipe for the tangy carrot pickle, have a look:
Serves - 4
Cooking time - 10 minutes
Preparation time - 10 minutes
- Carrots - 5 to 6
- Red chillies - 6 (for spiciness)
- Dried red chillies - 2 (To add the colour)
- Lemon - 2 teaspoons
- Chilli powder - 2 tablespoons
- Mustard seeds - 1/4th teaspoon
- Cut the carrots vertically and add two spoons of lemon juice to it.
- Take a small pan and add oil, mustard seeds and red chilli powder to it.
- Tranfer this to the carrot bowl.
- Now, take a mixy jar and add 5 to 6 normal red chillies and dried red chillies.
- Meanwhile, boil some water.
- Add the warm water to the mixy jar along with some salt and grind the red chillies to a fine paste.
- Transfer this mixture to the carrot bowl and mix all the ingredients well.
Do try this recipe and let us know your feedback.