- News With 159 new cases, Assam’s COVID-19 tally crosses 1,200 mark
- Automobiles Top Bike News Of The Week: Ninja 1000, Z650 & Gixxer 250 BS6 Bikes Launched & More
- Movies Sarkar Vaari Paata: Mahesh Babu To Announce Details Of His Next Film #SSMB27 At 9.09 AM Today!
- Technology Redmi Note 8, Redmi 8, Redmi 8A Dual Receive Price Hike In India
- Finance Motilal Oswal Sets 46% Upside Target On Shares Of Coal India
- Sports Coronavirus: Ten positive tests confirmed in Championship
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
The blend of tomatoes and crunchy onions is always a treat for the meal. There are many ways to mix the two foods together and prepare a lip-smacking and delicious side dish. For example, tomato and onion chutney is a very popular Indian side dish. It can be teamed up with roti or used as butter to grease a spicy sandwich.
Similarly, there are many other recipes that you can prepare using the two chief ingredients together. For example, tomato onion sabji is a quick side dish recipe which is simple and delicious too. The best part about this recipe is that it is prepared within 10 minutes. So, if you are running late for work, then you can prepare this quick sabji and roast a few rotis. Your lunch is ready to eat! Check out the tomato onion sabji recipe.
Tomato Onion Sabji: Side Dish Recipe
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
1. Onions- 2 (chopped)
2. Tomatoes- 3 (chopped)
3. Green chillies- 2 (chopped)
4. Turmeric powder- 1tsp
5. Red chilli powder- 1tsp
6. Coriander powder- ½ tsp
7. Cumin seeds- a pinch
8. Salt- as per taste
9. Oil- 1tsp
1. Heat oil in a frying pan. Season with cumin seeds when the oil is steaming hot.
2. Once the cumin seeds turn dark brown, add the onions. Saute them on a medium flame for about 3-4 minutes.
3. Add turmeric powder and mix well. When the onions look tender, add tomatoes, green chillies and salt.
4. Mix well and cook for another 3-4 minutes till the tomatoes become soft and can be mashed easily inside the pan.
5. Add red chilli powder and coriander powder. Mix and cook for a minute.
6. Put the pan off flame.
Spicy tomato onion sabji is ready. Serve it with rotis as a side dish.