- 1 hr ago LFW W/F 2019 Day One: Lisa Haydon And Hardik Pandya Graced The Ramp In Sculptural Outfits
- 1 hr ago Happy Onam 2019: Wishes, WhatsApp And Facebook Messages To Send Your Friends & Family
- 2 hrs ago LFW Winter Festive 2019 Day 1: Esha Gupta Impresses With Dewy Make-up And Sleek Hair
- 3 hrs ago Ayushmann Khurrana At His Quirkiest Best For The Dream Girl's Song Launch Event
- Technology Huawei Nova 5T Official Launch Set For August 25
- Movies Pailwaan Trailer To Be Out At 1 PM Today! Catch It Live Here
- News New Zealand parliament speaker feeds baby during debate, wins heart
- Finance How To Temporarily Lock Access To SBI Net Banking?
- Automobiles Kia Seltos Live Launch Updates: Specs, Features, Variants, Prices & Other Details
- Sports India vs West Indies: Ist Test: Check out these game changers at Antigua
- Education KMAT Result 2019 Released: Explore What After Result
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
It is the season of green peas and pulpy tangy tomatoes. There are many recipes in the Indian cuisine which can be prepared using green peas and tomatoes. If you are running out of ideas for preparing side dishes, then here is a simple Indian side dish.
You can try the green peas and tomatoes sabji. It is a tangy and spicy side dish recipe which can be prepared within minutes. It is a quick recipe which can be teamed up with roti or with rice as well. Take a look. The side dish is also known as, matar and tamatar ki sabji.
Green Peas and Tomatoes Sabji Recipe:
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
1. Green peas- 1 cup
2. Tomatoes- 4 (cut into half inch pieces)
3. Green chillies- 3-4 (chopped)
4. Red chilli powder- 1tsp
5. Turmeric powder- 1tsp
6. Coriander powder- 1tsp
7. Cumin seeds- 1tsp
8. Salt- as per taste
9. Oil- 1tsp
1. Heat oil in a frying pan. Season with cumin seeds.
2. When the seeds start to splutter, add the tomatoes and saute on a medium flame for about 3-4 minutes.
3. Add the green peas and chillies. Sprinkle salt and turmeric powder.
4. Mix well and cook for another 5-6 minutes on a medium flame.
5. Once the tomatoes become tender and look cooked, add red chilli powder and coriander powder. Mix well and cook for another 2 minutes.
6. Put the pan off flame.
The green peas and tomatoes sabji is ready to eat. Serve the tangy and spicy side dish hot with roti or with rice and dal.