- 38 min ago Karisma Kapoor Ups Her Ethnic Quotient With A Floral Anita Dongre Suit
- 1 hr ago Rani Lakshmi Bai: Some Unknown Facts About The Valiant And Brave Queen Of Jhansi
- 1 hr ago Happy Birthday Nayanthara: Five Times The South Star Slayed In Western And Ethnic Outfits
- 2 hrs ago Manisha Koirala Looks Elegant As Ever In Her Chikankari Anarkali
- Finance How To Transfer PPF To A Different Bank Or Branch?
- Technology No Snapdragon 730G-Powered Redmi Note 8 Pro In Works
- Movies Naagin 4: Gathbandhan Actress Dhanak Aka Shruti Sharma Rejects Ekta Kapoor's Show!
- News Actror-turned-TMC MP Nusrat Jahan admitted to hospital
- Sports Rajat Sharma's resignation as DDCA chief put on hold by ombudsman
- Automobiles Jawa Motorcycles To Streamline Bookings & Delivery Process Of All Models: Reduce Waiting Period
- Travel Hajo - The Pride Of Assam
- Education JEE Main 2020 Sample Question Paper With Solution For Numerical Value Section
It is the season of green peas and pulpy tangy tomatoes. There are many recipes in the Indian cuisine which can be prepared using green peas and tomatoes. If you are running out of ideas for preparing side dishes, then here is a simple Indian side dish.
You can try the green peas and tomatoes sabji. It is a tangy and spicy side dish recipe which can be prepared within minutes. It is a quick recipe which can be teamed up with roti or with rice as well. Take a look. The side dish is also known as, matar and tamatar ki sabji.
Green Peas and Tomatoes Sabji Recipe:
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
1. Green peas- 1 cup
2. Tomatoes- 4 (cut into half inch pieces)
3. Green chillies- 3-4 (chopped)
4. Red chilli powder- 1tsp
5. Turmeric powder- 1tsp
6. Coriander powder- 1tsp
7. Cumin seeds- 1tsp
8. Salt- as per taste
9. Oil- 1tsp
1. Heat oil in a frying pan. Season with cumin seeds.
2. When the seeds start to splutter, add the tomatoes and saute on a medium flame for about 3-4 minutes.
3. Add the green peas and chillies. Sprinkle salt and turmeric powder.
4. Mix well and cook for another 5-6 minutes on a medium flame.
5. Once the tomatoes become tender and look cooked, add red chilli powder and coriander powder. Mix well and cook for another 2 minutes.
6. Put the pan off flame.
The green peas and tomatoes sabji is ready to eat. Serve the tangy and spicy side dish hot with roti or with rice and dal.