- Technology Sony IMX 686 Vs Samsung ISOCELL Bright GW1: Battle Of 64MP Smartphone Cameras
- Movies Sargun Mehta Wishes Hubby Ravi Dubey On Their 6th Wedding Anniversary With A Sweet Message
- News Amid violence Jharkhand Assembly polls 2nd phase ended with 63.36% voters turnout
- Sports Manchester City 1-2 Manchester United: Rashford and Martial land big win for Solskjaer
- Automobiles KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- Finance Now 5,500 Railway Stations Have Free WiFi
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
As scorching summer sun is making our lives miserable, we need foods that provide a cooling effect to the body, keeps us hydrated and are very easy to cook. During summers, curd or dahi is widely consumed to stay cool, hydrated and avoid infections. So, if you are wondering what to prepare tonight for dinner then aloo dahi is a simple and tasty side dish for you.
Aloo or potatoes are boiled and then dipped into the curd curry. The best thing about this Indian side dish is, it can be prepared within 15 minutes! So, if you want some quick recipes, then this recipe is for the rescue. Want to try this different aloo dahi? Check out the recipe.
Aloo dahi, Indian side dish recipe:
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
- Aloo- 3
- Curd- 250 gms
- Turmeric powder- 1½ tsp
- Red chilli powder- 2tsp
- Green chillies- 3 (slit or chopped)
- Cumin and mustard seeds- 1tsp
- Bay leaf- 1
- Salt- as per taste
- Water- 1 cup
- Oil- 2tbsp
- Coriander leaves- 1tbsp (chopped)
- Wash and cut the aloo into dices. Pressure cook for a duration of 3 whistles.
- Put the cooker off-lid and let the pressure release. Once done, strain the water and peel the potatoes.
- Meanwhile, beat the yogurt with water and strain cream from it. Add salt and turmeric powder and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Season with cumin and mustard seeds.
- When the seeds start to splutter, add red chilli powder and immediately pour the beaten curd mix. Stir constantly on a high flame for around 10-15 minutes.
- Do not stop stirring or else the curd will spoil. Once the curd starts boiling, you can reduce stirring to short intervals.
- Sprinkle salt and mix well. Now add the boiled aloo and stir gently.
Boil for another 5 minutes. Put the pan off-flame.