- 31 min ago Cannabis Hyperemesis Syndrome Diagnosed In Woman Who Couldn't Stop Puking For Two Years: Read All About It Her
- 1 hr ago Ashtakam: An Ancient Indian Poetry Form That Captivates You With Rhyme And Rhythm
- 1 hr ago Pregnancy Tips: How To Manage Food Poisoning During Pregnancy?
- 2 hrs ago How To Remove The Effects Of Buri Nazar Or Evil Eye With A Lemon?
- Finance PM Kisan 13th Installment: What is PM Kisan, Benefits and How to Check Name in Beneficiary List?
- Movies Kranti Day 5 Box Office Collection: Darshan's Action Drama Joins The Elite Rs 100 Crore Club Within Five Days
- Travel Best Destination For Elderly Couples In India To Visit On Valentine 2023
- News Political parties demand early adjournment of first half of budget session
- Automobiles Tata Blocked Porsche From Using The Safari Name - Here's Why We Got The 911 Dakar
- Sports Allan Border Medal: List of All Winners, Interesting Facts and Details
- Technology Motorola Moto Edge 40 Pro Renders Leak: 6.67-Inch Curved OLED Display, SD8 Gen2 SoC Expected
- Education SMIT Admission 2023: Registration Started; Check Details Here
Need a break from your regular menu? Try this exotic Thai rice recipe which is sure to tickle your taste buds. Rice is cooked in many different ways in Thai cuisine. But this fried rice recipe cooked with lots of garlic and basil stands out of the lot. You just cannot resist yourself from eating this spicy delight.
Spicy Thai basil fried rice is basically prepared with the fragrant basmati rice along with garlic, bell peppers, red chillies and aromatic basilleaves. This is a dish that can be incorporated with a variety of flavours with lots of room for experimentation. You can add more vegetables, mushrooms, babycorn, pineapple or any other ingredient of your choice. The basil leaves are a must which really kicks up the flavour in this dish.
So, try out this finger-licking delicious recipe of spicy Thai basil fried rice.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Basmati rice- 2 cups
- Onions- 2 (sliced)
- Bell peppers (capsicum)- 2 (sliced)
- Carrots- 2 (chopped)
- Tomato- 1 (chopped)
- Ginger- 1tsp (grated)
- Garlic- 1tsp (crushed)
- Red chilli paste- 2tsp
- Soy sauce- 1tsp
- Sugar- 1tsp
- Basil leaves- 1 cup (chopped)
- Salt- as per taste
- Oil- 1tbsp
- Water- 4 cups
- Wash the rice properly. Boil it in 4 cups of water for 15 minutes on low flame until completely done.
- Once done, drain the excess water from the rice and spread it over a plate. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onions and fry till they turn transparent.
- Add the carrots, bell peppers, ginger and garlic one by one. Fry on low flame for about 5 minutes.
- Now add tomatoes, red chilli paste, sugar, salt and soy sauce. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Then add the cooked rice and mix well.
- Lastly, add the chopped basil leaves and mix lightly. Cover the pan and cook for about 5 minutes on low flame.
- Once done, switch off the flame and serve.
Serve spicy Thai basil fried rice with your choice of side dish or sauce.
- recipesGhee Rice Recipe: Here's How You Can Prepare It
- recipesTomato Rice Recipe: Here’s How You Can Prepare It At Home
- recipesLemon Rice Recipe: Here’s How To Prepare It At Home
- recipesTop 10 Veg Rice Recipes
- recipesMango Rice Recipe | How To Make Mavinkayi Chitranna | Mamidikaya Pulihora Recipe
- recipesVangi Bhaat Recipe: How To Make Karnataka-style Brinjal Rice | Vangi Bath Recipe
- recipesEgg Fried Rice Recipe: How To Prepare Egg Fried Rice At Home
- recipesGarlic Chicken Rice Recipe
- vegetarianNine Instant Anytime Meal Recipes
- riceHerb Fried Rice Recipe For Better Health
- chickenRoasted Chicken Lemon Rice Recipe
- vegetarian7 Cool Curd Recipes For The Summer