- 1 hr ago LFW W/F 2019 Day Two: Athiya Shetty’s Black And White Sari Is So Modern Retro
- 1 hr ago LFW W/F 2019 Day 2: Beauty Highlights From The Day
- 7 hrs ago LFW W/F 2019 Day Two: Mrunal Thakur Gives Sangeet Ceremony Goals With Her Understated Attire
- 7 hrs ago 7 Habits That Can Help Couples Have An Exciting Sex Life
- News Bihar police recruitment notification for 2446 vacancies out, Bihar police jobs apply online link
- Movies TRP Toppers Online: Sanjivani 2 Makes Maiden Entry In Top 5 List; Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai Drops
- Sports KPL 2019: Bijapur Bulls Vs Hubli Tigers: Mathias lands telling blows in Tigers' victory
- Technology NASA Spitzer Telescope Locates First Planet Without Atmosphere Orbiting Red Dwarf
- Automobiles Brand New Jawa Motorcycle Shows Rust On Wheel Rim And Exhaust: Customer Takes To Social Media
- Finance 5 Factors That Caused Mayhem In Indian Markets Today
- Education GPAT 2020 Will Be Held On January 24, Check Important Dates
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Kadhi is a popular Indian dish made with chickpea flour and sour yogurt. There are many variations of this delicious dish and today I have made kadhi with lots of vegetables, making it even more healthy and delicious.
Winter is the best time to prepare this recipe since the market is filled with different kinds of vegetables. You may use the vegetables of your choice. So, here is the recipe.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Besan/chickpea flour- ½ cup
- Sour yogurt- 2 cup
- Water- 5-6 cups
- Oil- 2tbsp
- Methi /fenugreek seeds- 1tsp
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Zeera/cumin seeds- 1tsp
- Heeng /Asafoetida- ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves- 10-12
- Dry red chilies- 3-4
- Onion- 1 cup ( thinly sliced )
- Green peas- ¼ cup
- Lady's finger- 6-8 (slit into 3-4 pieces)
- Cauliflower- ¼ cup ( broken into small florets)
- Potato- ¼ cup (cut into small pieces )
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
- Red chili powder- ½ tsp
- Coriander powder- 2tsp
- Oil- 1tbsp
- Mustard seeds- ½ tsp
- Curry leaves- 8-10
- Red chili powder- ½ tsp
- Whisk the yogurt. Add chickpea flour in it and mix well.
- Add water and make a thin mixture.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan.
- When the oil is hot, add fenugreek seeds.
- When the seeds starts to splatter, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafoetida, dry red chilies and curry leaves.
- Add onion and fry for a minute.
- Add the vegetables and cook for a minute.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder and coriander powder.
- Fry for a minute.
- Add the yogurt and chickpea flour mixture in the pan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Simmer the heat and cook the kadhi for 30-40 minutes on low heat.
- Adjust water accordingly.
For the tadka
- Heat oil in a pan.
- When the oil is hot, add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Switch off the heat.
- Add red chili powder.
- Add the tadka in the kadhi.
- Serve hot with rice or chapati.