- 4 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 07 December 2019
- 13 hrs ago Kareena Kapoor Khan's Diet Revealed By Her Nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar
- 15 hrs ago Kareena Kapoor Khan Looks So Perfect In Her Stylish Black Attire At The HT Leadership Summit!
- 15 hrs ago Lakshmi Manchu's Sari Is The Vibrant Wedding Wear You Need For Your Friend's Wedding
- Finance Bluechip Stock GAIL @52-Week Low; What's Hitting The Stock?
- News Kerala State Lottery Today Result: Karunya KR-425 lottery result
- Movies Bigg Boss 13: Govinda’s Daughter Tina Supports Aarti Singh; Says She's Strong-headed And Friendly
- Sports La Liga joint leaders Barcelona and Real Madrid back in action
- Technology Redmi K30 5G To Feature 64MP Sony IMX686 Sensor
- Automobiles KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
- Education Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020: How To Participate In PPC 2020 Contest?
Kadhi is a popular Indian dish made with chickpea flour and sour yogurt. There are many variations of this delicious dish and today I have made kadhi with lots of vegetables, making it even more healthy and delicious.
Winter is the best time to prepare this recipe since the market is filled with different kinds of vegetables. You may use the vegetables of your choice. So, here is the recipe.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Besan/chickpea flour- ½ cup
- Sour yogurt- 2 cup
- Water- 5-6 cups
- Oil- 2tbsp
- Methi /fenugreek seeds- 1tsp
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Zeera/cumin seeds- 1tsp
- Heeng /Asafoetida- ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves- 10-12
- Dry red chilies- 3-4
- Onion- 1 cup ( thinly sliced )
- Green peas- ¼ cup
- Lady's finger- 6-8 (slit into 3-4 pieces)
- Cauliflower- ¼ cup ( broken into small florets)
- Potato- ¼ cup (cut into small pieces )
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
- Red chili powder- ½ tsp
- Coriander powder- 2tsp
- Oil- 1tbsp
- Mustard seeds- ½ tsp
- Curry leaves- 8-10
- Red chili powder- ½ tsp
- Whisk the yogurt. Add chickpea flour in it and mix well.
- Add water and make a thin mixture.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan.
- When the oil is hot, add fenugreek seeds.
- When the seeds starts to splatter, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafoetida, dry red chilies and curry leaves.
- Add onion and fry for a minute.
- Add the vegetables and cook for a minute.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder and coriander powder.
- Fry for a minute.
- Add the yogurt and chickpea flour mixture in the pan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Simmer the heat and cook the kadhi for 30-40 minutes on low heat.
- Adjust water accordingly.
For the tadka
- Heat oil in a pan.
- When the oil is hot, add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Switch off the heat.
- Add red chili powder.
- Add the tadka in the kadhi.
- Serve hot with rice or chapati.