- 1 hr ago Karisma Kapoor Ups Her Ethnic Quotient With A Floral Anita Dongre Suit
- 2 hrs ago Rani Lakshmi Bai: Some Unknown Facts About The Valiant And Brave Queen Of Jhansi
- 2 hrs ago Happy Birthday Nayanthara: Five Times The South Star Slayed In Western And Ethnic Outfits
- 3 hrs ago Manisha Koirala Looks Elegant As Ever In Her Chikankari Anarkali
- Movies Motichoor Chaknachoor Full Movie Leaked Online On Tamilrockers!
- News Ex WB CM, ‘Maker of Modern WB’ Bidhan Chandra Roy’s bust vandalised in Burdwan
- Automobiles Crayon Envy Electric Scooter Launched In India: New Low-Speed EV From Delhi-Based Start-Up
- Technology ‘Make In India' Hub To Churn Out 30% Mobiles By 2025: Report
- Finance Govt To Disinvest In 28 Companies In Strategic Stake Sale In FY20
- Sports Rajat Sharma's resignation as DDCA chief put on hold by ombudsman
- Travel Hajo - The Pride Of Assam
- Education JEE Main 2020 Sample Question Paper With Solution For Numerical Value Section
As the month of vegetarianism for Hindus progresses, today we have a special vegetarian recipe to add to your list. Kele ke kofte is a very popular recipe of North India which is prepared with unripe bananas. This vegetarian recipe is loved by almost everyone because of its unique and mouthwatering flavour.
This Shravan special recipe of kele ke kofte is a lip-smacking delight which provides a good change of taste and is prepared without onions and garlic. The unique flavour of the unripe bananas makes this recipe an absolute delight for those observing vegetarianism.
Take a look at the recipe of kele ke kofte and give it a try.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Unripe bananas- 3 (boiled and peeled)
- Potatoes- 2 (boiled and peeled)
- Ginger paste- 1tsp
- Cumin powder- 1tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Besan (gram flour)- 3tbsp
- Garam masala powder- 1/2 tsp
- Oil- for deep frying
- Ginger paste- 2tsp
- Tomato puree- 1/4 cup
- Cumin seeds- 1tsp
- Bay leaf- 1
- Jeera (cumin) powder- 2tsp
- Coriander powder- 1tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1tsp
- Red chilli powder- 2tsp
- Garam masala powder- 1tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Besan- 1tsp
- Warm water- 1 cup
- Oil- 2tbsp
- Coriander leaves- for garnish
1. Mix all the ingredients for kofta except the oil in a bowl.
2. Knead a dough and make small balls out of it.
3. Heat oil for deep frying in a kadhai and fry the balls on medium heat till they turn golden brown.
4. Transfer the koftas to a plate and keep it aside.
5. Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, bay leaf. Fry for a few seconds.
6. Add the ginger paste and fry for a minute.
7. Then add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, salt and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
8. Add tomato puree and cook for another 5 minutes.
9. Mix the besan in warm water and make sure no lumps are formed.
10. Add this mixture to the kadhai and mix well.
11. Now add the koftas and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
12. Once done, switch off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves.
Kele ke kofte are ready to be served. Serve this vegetarian recipe with rotis or rice.