- 1 hr ago LFW W/F 2019 Day Two: Athiya Shetty’s Black And White Sari Is So Modern Retro
- 2 hrs ago LFW W/F 2019 Day 2: Beauty Highlights From The Day
- 7 hrs ago LFW W/F 2019 Day Two: Mrunal Thakur Gives Sangeet Ceremony Goals With Her Understated Attire
- 7 hrs ago 7 Habits That Can Help Couples Have An Exciting Sex Life
- News MUHS jobs: 88 Professor, Tutor, Lecturer and Reader vacancies, MUHS notification download link
- Movies TRP Toppers Online: Sanjivani 2 Makes Maiden Entry In Top 5 List; Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai Drops
- Sports KPL 2019: Bijapur Bulls Vs Hubli Tigers: Mathias lands telling blows in Tigers' victory
- Technology NASA Spitzer Telescope Locates First Planet Without Atmosphere Orbiting Red Dwarf
- Automobiles Brand New Jawa Motorcycle Shows Rust On Wheel Rim And Exhaust: Customer Takes To Social Media
- Finance 5 Factors That Caused Mayhem In Indian Markets Today
- Education GPAT 2020 Will Be Held On January 24, Check Important Dates
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
As the month of vegetarianism for Hindus progresses, today we have a special vegetarian recipe to add to your list. Kele ke kofte is a very popular recipe of North India which is prepared with unripe bananas. This vegetarian recipe is loved by almost everyone because of its unique and mouthwatering flavour.
This Shravan special recipe of kele ke kofte is a lip-smacking delight which provides a good change of taste and is prepared without onions and garlic. The unique flavour of the unripe bananas makes this recipe an absolute delight for those observing vegetarianism.
Take a look at the recipe of kele ke kofte and give it a try.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Unripe bananas- 3 (boiled and peeled)
- Potatoes- 2 (boiled and peeled)
- Ginger paste- 1tsp
- Cumin powder- 1tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Besan (gram flour)- 3tbsp
- Garam masala powder- 1/2 tsp
- Oil- for deep frying
- Ginger paste- 2tsp
- Tomato puree- 1/4 cup
- Cumin seeds- 1tsp
- Bay leaf- 1
- Jeera (cumin) powder- 2tsp
- Coriander powder- 1tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1tsp
- Red chilli powder- 2tsp
- Garam masala powder- 1tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Besan- 1tsp
- Warm water- 1 cup
- Oil- 2tbsp
- Coriander leaves- for garnish
1. Mix all the ingredients for kofta except the oil in a bowl.
2. Knead a dough and make small balls out of it.
3. Heat oil for deep frying in a kadhai and fry the balls on medium heat till they turn golden brown.
4. Transfer the koftas to a plate and keep it aside.
5. Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, bay leaf. Fry for a few seconds.
6. Add the ginger paste and fry for a minute.
7. Then add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, salt and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
8. Add tomato puree and cook for another 5 minutes.
9. Mix the besan in warm water and make sure no lumps are formed.
10. Add this mixture to the kadhai and mix well.
11. Now add the koftas and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
12. Once done, switch off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves.
Kele ke kofte are ready to be served. Serve this vegetarian recipe with rotis or rice.