- 11 hrs ago From Deepika Padukone To Tamannaah Bhatia, These Divas Gave Us Sari Goals For Various Occasions
- 12 hrs ago Gauri Khan's Corset And Geometrically-Patterned Lehenga Is The Refreshing Outfit We All Wish We Had
- 12 hrs ago 8 Diseases Caused Due To Poor Sexual Hygiene
- 13 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Looks Of The Week: Zendaya, Shraddha Kapoor, Hina Khan & More
- Technology Flipkart Republic Day Sale 2020: Offers And Discounts On Samsung, Apple, Nokia, Xiaomi And More
- Movies TRP Toppers Online: Bigg Boss 13 Tops Chart With Record Breaking Number; Naagin 4 Witnesses Drop
- Sports Hero I-League 2019-20: Churchill Brothers look to halt TRAU’s winning run
- News No state can deny implementation of CAA, it’s unconstitutional: Kapil Sibal
- Finance Budget 2020: Halwa Ceremony On 20 January
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Want to cook something nutritious yet tasty? Churning in the same old ingredients in preparing dal can get boring. So, try this tasty and healthy methi dal recipe and add a twist to your taste.
Methi or fenugreek is a wonder ingredient that helps in treating digestive problems as well as keeps bad cholesterol in check. Fenugreek leaves in its fresh as well as dried form, adds an entirely different flavour to the dish. In this recipe fresh fenugreek is combined with our regular dal along with some onions, tomatoes and lemon juice which adds the tangy taste and makes it extremely delicious. The aroma of the fresh methi leaves makes this dish a treat for your senses.
So, prepare this quick and easy recipe of methi dal and make your meal interesting.
Preparation time:15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Toor dal (split pigeon peas)- ½ cup
- Moong dal (split green gram skinless)- 2tbsp
- Water- 2cups
- Oil- 2tsp
- Jeera (cumin seeds)- 1tsp
- Ginger-garlic paste- 1tsp
- Green chillies- 2 (finely chopped)
- Onion- 2 (finely chopped)
- Methi leaves (fenugreek)- 1 bunch
- Tomatoes- 2 (finely chopped)
- Turmeric powder- 1tsp
- Red chilli powder- ½ tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Lemon juice- 1tsp
- Clean and wash the toor dal and moong dal together properly.
- Transfer them in pressure cooker and add a cup of water.
- Cook for 10 minutes or till 3 whistles on low flame.
- Once done, remove it from the flame and keep aside till the pressure goes down on its own. Open the lid and check if the dal is completely cooked.
- Now wash the methi leaves properly and remove all the dirt. Chop the leaves finely.
- Heat oil in a pan and add jeera. Let it crackle for a minute.
- Now add ginger-garlic paste and green chillies. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add onions and cook till they become light brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes and methi leaves.
- Cook well for 2-3 minutes. Now add cooked dal, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt.
- Add a cup of water and mix well.
- Let it boil for 5 minutes. Then add lemon juice.
- Once done, switch off the flame and serve.
Methi dal is ready to be served. Enjoy it with steamed or jeera rice.