The only state in India where all the spices are perfectly used in food recipes is the Maharashtra. Yes, you can find a mixture of spicy foods, sweets and mild dishes.
Many dishes like pav bhaji, vada pav, dahi vada originated from Maharashtra. Apart from them, even veg kolhapuri dish is very famous.
Though this tasty dish was first famous in Kolhapur which is in Maharashtra, it became quite famous all over India due to its awesome taste.
The veg Kolhapuri recipe has most of the spices in it. It is also healthy as we add green vegetables, paneer and other vegetables. You can avoid onions and garlic if you are preparing this dish for any festival. But, onions and garlic add more taste to the recipe.
You can serve this wonderful recipe along with rice or hot rotis.
Let's take a look at how to prepare veg Kolhapuri recipe.
Serves - 4
Preperation time - 15 minutes
Cooking time - 20 minutes
- Beans - 1 cup
- Carrot - 1 cup
- Capsicum - 1 cup
- Panner - 1 cup
- Cauliflower - 1 cup
- Green Peas - 1 cup
- Tomato - 2
- Cashew Nuts - 10 ( soaked for one hour)
- Green Chilli - 4 to 5
- Garam Masala - 1 tsp
- Turmeric - 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Bay Leaf - 1 to 2
- Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Ginger - 1/2 tsp
- Butter - 1 tbsp
- Take a pan to fry all the vegetables. Add oil to the pan and once it is heated, add cauliflower and then paneer; fry and keep it aside.
- Add beans, carrots and capsicum and fry. Keep all of the fried vegetables aside.
- To make the puree, add tomatoes to the mixie jar and make a fine paste.
- Now, add the soaked cashew nuts and make a fine paste.
- Take another pan, add oil and then add cumin seeds, bay leaves, turmeric, ginger paste, red chillies and saute them well.
- Now add garam masala, red chilli powder, water and saute them well.
- After five minutes, add the tomato and cashew paste and saute them.
- Now add the fried vegetables one by one.
- Add salt and butter and mix them well.
- Add water if necessary, so that the gravy becomes thick.
- Mix the entire gravy well.
- Add the chopped coriander leaves for garnishing.
- Delicious veg Kolhapuri is ready to serve.
Do try this is awesome recipe and let us know your feedback.