- 42 min ago LFW W/F 2019 Day Two: Athiya Shetty’s Black And White Sari Is So Modern Retro
- 1 hr ago LFW W/F 2019 Day 2: Beauty Highlights From The Day
- 6 hrs ago LFW W/F 2019 Day Two: Mrunal Thakur Gives Sangeet Ceremony Goals With Her Understated Attire
- 6 hrs ago 7 Habits That Can Help Couples Have An Exciting Sex Life
- News Bihar police recruitment notification for 2446 vacancies out, Bihar police jobs apply online link
- Movies TRP Toppers Online: Sanjivani 2 Makes Maiden Entry In Top 5 List; Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai Drops
- Sports KPL 2019: Bijapur Bulls Vs Hubli Tigers: Mathias lands telling blows in Tigers' victory
- Technology NASA Spitzer Telescope Locates First Planet Without Atmosphere Orbiting Red Dwarf
- Automobiles Brand New Jawa Motorcycle Shows Rust On Wheel Rim And Exhaust: Customer Takes To Social Media
- Finance 5 Factors That Caused Mayhem In Indian Markets Today
- Education GPAT 2020 Will Be Held On January 24, Check Important Dates
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Today we have another interesting vrat recipe for you. While you are fasting for Navratri, you also need to take care of your health. This is the reason why certain ingredients are allowed to be consumed even while fasting so that you don't have to go completely without food during the time.
Dahi arbi is one such recipe which you can easily make and eat while you are fasting. Arbi or colocasia is a nutritious vegetable which provides energy while you are on a fast. This dish is made with curd which helps to keep your body cool. Apart from being healthy, this tangy dish is extremely delicious.
So, check out the steps to prepare dahi arbi and give it a try.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Arbi (colocasia)- 250gms
- Thin curd- 3 cups
- Ajwain- 1tbsp
- Coriander powder- 1tsp
- Red chilli powder- 1tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1tsp
- Dry mango powder- 1tsp
- Rock salt- as per taste
- Oil- 2tbsp
- Water- 1 cup
1. Wash and pressure cook the arbi on medium flame. Wait for 2 whistles to go.
2. Once it is cooked, switch off the flame and let it cool down completely.
3. Once it has cooled down, peel the skin, chop the arbi and keep it aside.
4. Heat oil in a pan and add ajwain to it.
5. Keep the flame on low and add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, dry mango powder, coriander powder to it and stir for 2-3 minutes.
6. Then add the chopped arbi pieces to it. Mix well.
7. Allow the arbi pieces to turn golden brown.
8. Add water and rock salt. Mix well.
9. Now add the thin curd and keep stirring.
10. Bring the gravy to boil and simmer for 10 minutes on medium flame.
11. Once done, switch off the flame and serve hot.
Dahi arbi is ready to be served. You can serve this with kuttu ka paratha or vrat ke chawal.