- 49 min ago Karisma Kapoor Ups Her Ethnic Quotient With A Floral Anita Dongre Suit
- 1 hr ago Rani Lakshmi Bai: Some Unknown Facts About The Valiant And Brave Queen Of Jhansi
- 1 hr ago Happy Birthday Nayanthara: Five Times The South Star Slayed In Western And Ethnic Outfits
- 2 hrs ago Manisha Koirala Looks Elegant As Ever In Her Chikankari Anarkali
- Technology This Xiaomi Warm Cup Doubles As A 10W Wireless Charger
- News Adhir Chowdhury slams govt for not allowing MPs to visit Kashmir
- Finance How To Transfer PPF To A Different Bank Or Branch?
- Movies Naagin 4: Gathbandhan Actress Dhanak Aka Shruti Sharma Rejects Ekta Kapoor's Show!
- Sports Rajat Sharma's resignation as DDCA chief put on hold by ombudsman
- Automobiles Jawa Motorcycles To Streamline Bookings & Delivery Process Of All Models: Reduce Waiting Period
- Travel Hajo - The Pride Of Assam
- Education JEE Main 2020 Sample Question Paper With Solution For Numerical Value Section
Today we have another interesting vrat recipe for you. While you are fasting for Navratri, you also need to take care of your health. This is the reason why certain ingredients are allowed to be consumed even while fasting so that you don't have to go completely without food during the time.
Dahi arbi is one such recipe which you can easily make and eat while you are fasting. Arbi or colocasia is a nutritious vegetable which provides energy while you are on a fast. This dish is made with curd which helps to keep your body cool. Apart from being healthy, this tangy dish is extremely delicious.
So, check out the steps to prepare dahi arbi and give it a try.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Arbi (colocasia)- 250gms
- Thin curd- 3 cups
- Ajwain- 1tbsp
- Coriander powder- 1tsp
- Red chilli powder- 1tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1tsp
- Dry mango powder- 1tsp
- Rock salt- as per taste
- Oil- 2tbsp
- Water- 1 cup
1. Wash and pressure cook the arbi on medium flame. Wait for 2 whistles to go.
2. Once it is cooked, switch off the flame and let it cool down completely.
3. Once it has cooled down, peel the skin, chop the arbi and keep it aside.
4. Heat oil in a pan and add ajwain to it.
5. Keep the flame on low and add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, dry mango powder, coriander powder to it and stir for 2-3 minutes.
6. Then add the chopped arbi pieces to it. Mix well.
7. Allow the arbi pieces to turn golden brown.
8. Add water and rock salt. Mix well.
9. Now add the thin curd and keep stirring.
10. Bring the gravy to boil and simmer for 10 minutes on medium flame.
11. Once done, switch off the flame and serve hot.
Dahi arbi is ready to be served. You can serve this with kuttu ka paratha or vrat ke chawal.