Broken wheat is a cereal in the crude form and therefore this easy Indian recipe is a very rich source of dietary fibres. It can be easily had as a replacement of polished rice or wheat roties because the carbohydrates in it are healthy and contain more roughage. So you get roughage for your bowels, nutrition for your body and all this at the cost of minimum calories!
Ingredients For Dalia Recipe:
1. Dalia or broken wheat-1 cup
2. Onions-1 (chopped finely)
3. Tomato-1 (chopped finely)
4. Carrots-2 (chopped into medium sized pieces)
5. Beetroot-1 (chopped into medium sized pices)
6. Spinach-half a bunch (chopped inely)
7. Green peas-half cup
8. String beans-6-8 (chopped in small pieces)
9. Cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
10. Ground black pepper-1 tablespoon
11. Green chillies-2 (sliced into halves)
12. Bay leaf-1
13. White oil-2 tablespoon
14. Salt as per taste
Procedure For Making Dalia Recipe:
- Dry roast the Dalia in a deep pan for 5 minutes. For this you need to heat up an empty pan on medium flame for about a minute and then pour the dalia grains in it directly. Stir it occasionally keeping the flame low.
- Meanwhile you can chop all the necessary vegetables and start heating oil in a pressure cooker.
- When the oil crackles add the bay leaf and cumin seeds for tempering followed by the chopped onion.
- Saute the onion until they turn golden and then add the tomatoes to it. Sprinkle salt and the green chillies in it so that it cooks faster.
- Add all the chopped vegetables except spinach because it cooks really fast. Stir it well to mix and cook for 3-4 minutes on low flame.
- Now add the spinach and pepper to it. Mix it well, cook for about a minute before pouring in the roasted dalia. Mix it well with all the other ingredients.
- Now add 2 cups of water and close the lid of the pressure cooker. Keep the flame at low and let it cook for 4 whistles.
This Dalia recipe can be made more interesting by adding vegetables like mushrooms and baby corn. You can garnish it with a variety of herbs like basil, coriander or curry leaves.
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Assembly Election Results 2018 — Catch All The LIVE Updates Here
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- Markets Live: Sensex Down As Election Leads Trickle In
- Nokia 8.1 Launched In India For Rs. 26,999
- Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 — Full Accessories List
- Isha Ambani's Wedding: Beyonce, SRK & Aamir Steal The Show!
- December New Moon Lucky For These Signs
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas