- 4 hrs ago Bigg Boss 16 ‘Circus Theme’ House Reflects Bold Colours, Effervescent Patterns, And Eclectic Vibe
- 5 hrs ago Nobel Prize For Literature: French Writer Annie Ernaux Wins Award
- 5 hrs ago Amazon Great Indian Festival: Breathe Easy, This Sale Season: Upto 40% Off On Air Purifier
- 6 hrs ago Karva Chauth 2022: Alia Bhatt To Katrina Kaif, Red Ethnic Outfit Ideas From Bollywood Divas
- Finance Small Cap Stock, 8% Away From 52-Week Low, To Conduct Stock Split; 5 Years Return 6416%
- News Watch: Jaishankar accorded a Maori welcome
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 9: Prashanth Sambargi Suffers An Emotional Breakdown After He Fails To Perform Well In Task
- Sports ISL 2022-23: Kerala Blasters vs East Bengal; Preview, Kick-off time, Live telecast and Live Streaming details
- Automobiles New Ola Electric Scooter Incoming: Will Be Launched Around Diwali & Priced At Around Rs 80,000
- Technology Redmi Pad Review: Redefining Budget Tablet Category
- Education Jamia Millia Islamia launches new MSc Virology program: know details and how to apply
- Travel Sahara Desert: Largest Hot Desert in The World
Chicken curry recipes in India can be found in abundance. There is absolutely no dearth of ways to prepare chicken with the fragrant Indian spices at your disposal. Talking of spices, Hyderabadi recipes seem to rule the culinary world in terms of spicy dishes.
Today we have another culinary wonder from the Nizam's kitchen which is known as the chicken or murgh diwani handi. It is a chicken curry which is prepared traditionally in an earthen pot with mild spices and rich cashewnut gravy. The creamy texture and the excellent aroma of the chicken diwani handi make it a treat for your taste-buds.
You can cook chicken diwani handi in an earthen pot to get the perfect flavour. If you don't have an earthen pot then you can prepare it in a clay pot or metal pot. This Hyderabadi chicken recipe takes good amount of time to cook but the taste is definitely worth the time and effort you put into it.
Check out the recipe of chicken diwani handi and give it a try.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
All you need
- Chicken- 500 gms
- Cashew nuts- 20-25
- Onions- 2 (finely chopped)
- Tomato puree- 1/2 cup
- Garlic- 7-8 pods
- Ginger-garlic paste- 1tbsp
- Yogurt- 1tbsp
- Turmeric powder- 1tsp
- Red chilli powder- 2tsp
- Coriander powder- 1tsp
- Nutmeg powder- a pinch
- Garam masala- 1/2 tsp
- Kasuri methi- 1tsp (crushed)
- Mint leaves- 1tsp (chopped)
- Coriander leaves- 2tbsp (chopped)
- Salt- as per taste
- Sugar- a pinch
- Bay leaf- 1
- Cloves- 2
- Cinnamon- 1 stick
- Mace/javitri- 2 strands
- Green cardamoms- 2
- Oil/Butter- 3tbsp
- Fresh cream- 2tbsp (for garnish)
- Warm water- as required
- An earthen pot
1. Wash and marinate the chicken pieces with salt, turmeric powder and yogurt for about 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile soak the cashews in warm water. After 15-20 minutes, grind the cashews with water in a mixer into a thick paste.
3. Heat oil/butter in a earthen pot and add bay leaf, mace, cinnamon, cloves, cardamoms and allow it to splutter.
4. Then add the whole garlic pods and fry for a minute.
5. Add the chopped onions and saute for 3-4 minutes. Then add the ginger garlic paste and cook for 4-5 minutes.
6. Then add the chicken pieces and the cashew nut paste. Saute for 5-6 minutes.
7. Now add the tomato puree and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
8. Then add the red chilli powder, coriander powder, kasuri methi, salt, sugar and saute for another 3-4 minutes.
9. Cover and cook on low flame for about 7-8 minutes.
10. After that remove the lid and add the mint leaves, nutmeg powder and garam masala powder. Mix well and add about half a cup of warm water.
11. Cover the pot with a lid again and cook for 15-20 minutes on low flame.
12. Once done, switch off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves and fresh cream.
13. Keep it covered for 5 minutes and then serve.
Pic Courtesy: @anum_shahid1 (Twitter)
Chicken diwani handi from Hydearbad is ready to be served. Enjoy this royal dish with rotis or naans.
- recipesChicken Pasanda Recipe | Chicken Pasande Recipe | How To Make Chicken Pasanda
- recipesChicken Kolhapuri Recipe| Kolhapuri Chicken Recipe| Chicken Recipes
- recipesChicken Biryani Recipe | How To Make Chicken Biryani | Homemade Dum Chicken Biryani Recipe
- recipesBaked Lemon Chicken Recipe: How To Prepare Lemon Chicken Recipe At Home
- recipesMurgh Musallam Recipe – Mughlai Style Chicken Curry – Chicken Recipe
- recipesSteamed Chicken Recipe: How To Make Family-style Steamed Chicken
- recipesChicken Bunny Chow Recipe
- recipesApricot Glazed Chicken Recipe | Sweet And Spicy Chicken | Chicken Recipe
- wellnessAvoid These Foods Immediately, As These Can Increase Your Risk Of Heart Attack
- recipesHow To Prepare Spaghetti Bolognese Chicken
- recipesEasy Chicken Roast In A Pressure Cooker
- recipesChicken Majestic Recipe For Ramzan