- 4 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 06 October 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 21 hrs ago Tribute: American Country Music Icon Loretta Lynn No More At 90
- 21 hrs ago Navratri 2022: Goddess Chamunda Shakti Peeth Of Himachal Pradesh
- 23 hrs ago Balaji (Hanuman) of Mehandipur In Rajasthan: Timings, How To Reach, Puja Rituals And Legends
- Finance Tightening Actions By Central Banks Will Help, To Prevent High Inflation From Becoming Entrenched: IMF
- News Power cut in Chennai today: List of areas that would be affected
- Sports Morocco Rally: Chicherit extends lead as Loeb struggles on a day of mixed fortunes for Bahrain Raid Xtreme
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Jimny 5-Door - All You Need To Know
- Movies Ayodhya Ram Temple Head Priest Demands Ban On Adipurush; 'Films Should Be Made But...'
- Technology Xiaomi Smart Band 7 Pro With GNSS, 12-Day Battery Life Launched; India Price, Availability
- Education JIO ANNOUNCES THE LAUNCH OF JIO TRUE 5G
- Travel Most Interesting Facts About Kullu Dussehra
The royal kitchens of the Nawabs of Awadh have always been the haven of culinary wonders. Awadhi delicacies are one of a kind.
Awadhi cuisine has a distinction of its own. The Mughal cooking techniques and the use of fragrant Indian spices make the Awadhi cuisine stand out from the rest in the world of cookery and food.
They are mild in terms of flavour and the proportionate use of the exotic spices make the Awadhi recipes taste even better.
Awadhi chicken is a delicious chicken recipe from the culinary treasures of the Awadhi cuisine. It has a rich and creamy texture and uses very mild spices in preparation.
Take a look at the recipe of Awadhi chicken and give it a try.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
All you need
- Chicken- 1kg (cut into medium size pieces)
- Yogurt- 3/4 cup
- Coriander powder- 1tbsp
- Cumin powder- 1tbsp
- Turmeric powder- a pinch
- Ginger-garlic paste- 2tbsp
- Green chillis- 3 (slit)
- Salt- as per taste
- Cinnamon- 1 piece
- Black cardamoms- 2
- Cloves- 4
- Chilli powder- 11/2 tsp
- Tomato puree- 1/4 cup
- Cashew nuts- 5-6
- Melon seeds- 1tbsp
- Fried onion paste- 3/4 cup
- Green cardamom powder- 1/2tsp
- Nutmeg powder- a pinch
- Garam masala powder- 1tsp
- Thick coconut milk- 1/2 cup
- Oil/ghee- 2tbsp
1. Wash the chicken pieces properly with water. Drain all extra water from it.
2. Prepare a marinade by mixing the yogurt with coarinder powder, cumin powder, salt, turmeric powder, green chillis and ginger-garlic paste. Marinate the chicken pieces with this mixture and keep it for 30 minutes.
3. Grind the cashew nuts and melon seeds together with very little water into a thick paste.
4. Heat ghee or oil in a pan and add cinnamon, black cardamoms, cloves and saute for a minute.
5. Then add the chicken pieces and saute on high flame for 3-4 minutes.
6. Add red chilli powder, tomato puree and mix well.
7. Add the fried onion paste and saute for 3-4 minutes.
8. Now add the cashew-melon paste, green cardamom powder, nutmeg powder, garam masala powder and cook for 5-6 minutes on medium flame.
9. Adjust the salt and then add the coconut milk. Cover and cook for about 20 minutes on medium flame.
10. Once done, switch off the flame and serve.
Delectable Awadhi chicken is ready to be served. Enjoy this special Nawabi treat with rotis or fried rice.
This is a high calorie chicken recipe and uses a lot of high calorie ingredients in its preparation. People with high cholesterol or those trying to lose weight should avoid preparing this recipe with ghee.
While making the fried onion paste, make sure you use lukewarm water to grind it. It gives a better taste to the recipe.
- recipesChicken Pasanda Recipe | Chicken Pasande Recipe | How To Make Chicken Pasanda
- recipesChicken Kolhapuri Recipe| Kolhapuri Chicken Recipe| Chicken Recipes
- recipesChicken Biryani Recipe | How To Make Chicken Biryani | Homemade Dum Chicken Biryani Recipe
- recipesBaked Lemon Chicken Recipe: How To Prepare Lemon Chicken Recipe At Home
- recipesMurgh Musallam Recipe – Mughlai Style Chicken Curry – Chicken Recipe
- recipesSteamed Chicken Recipe: How To Make Family-style Steamed Chicken
- recipesChicken Bunny Chow Recipe
- recipesApricot Glazed Chicken Recipe | Sweet And Spicy Chicken | Chicken Recipe
- wellnessAvoid These Foods Immediately, As These Can Increase Your Risk Of Heart Attack
- recipesHow To Prepare Spaghetti Bolognese Chicken
- recipesEasy Chicken Roast In A Pressure Cooker
- recipesChicken Majestic Recipe For Ramzan