Soya nugget is a healthy salad to try if you are planning to have a low calorie yet filling breakfast. Soya nuggets are high in protein content and taste extremely delicious when cooked with the right ingredients and technique.
Here we have a salad recipe for you which is prepared using these healthy and tasty soya nuggets. These nuggets are tasteless by themselves and therefore absorb the flavour of ingredients you cook them with. This soya nugget salad tastes extremely delicious and goes very well with Indian pav.
So, start your day on a healthy note with a delicious and nutritious breakfast recipe of soya nugget salad.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Soya nuggets- 500gms
- Onion- 1 (medium sized, sliced)
- Carrot- 1 (diced)
- Capsicum- 1 (diced)
- Yogurt- ½ cup
- Low fat mayonnaise- 2tbsp
- Black pepper powder- 1tsp
- Chilli flakes- a pinch
- Olive oil- 1tbsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Heat oil in pan. Saute the vegetables with salt for 2-3 minutes on a medium flame.
- Transfer the vegetables in a bowl. Keep it aside.
- Soak the nuggets in warm water for about 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, drain the water from the nuggets. Squeeze the excess water from the nuggets with your hand.
- Take a big bowl and add yogurt, mayonnaise, pepper and salt. Beat it properly for a minute.
- Now add the soya nuggets and the sautéed vegetables to it. Mix well with a spoon to coat the dressing uniformly.
- Garnish with chilli flakes.
Your low calorie breakfast, soya nugget salad is ready to be served. Enjoy it by itself or team with Indian pavs.