- 27 min ago Indo-Pak Lesbian Couple Slams TikTok For Removing Their Video: 'Rumours About Homophobia Are True'
- 1 hr ago Kriti Sanon Has Fashion Lessons For Those Who Want To Ace The Traditional Marathi Look
- 2 hrs ago Karisma Kapoor Gives Us Awe-worthy Moments With Her Ethnic And Western Outfits
- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 10 December 2019
- Finance Yes Bank Falls On Reports Of Jhunjhunwala Shelving Investment Plan In The Bank
- Sports My father is not Courtney Walsh, says Hayden Walsh of West Indies
- News 2 CRPF men martyred, 2 injured in J'khand fratricide incident
- Technology Realme Buds Air Price In India Revealed: How To Get Rs. 400 Discount
- Movies Lovebirds Ranbir Kapoor & Alia Bhatt Planning To Tie The Knot In Kashmir? Read Details Here
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Travel Darjeeling - The Queen Of Hills
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Dosa is a signature Indian breakfast recipe. It is easy to make and is the best recipe to start your day with. People of South India can make versatile varieties of dosas. Masala dosa, set dosa, neer dosa are some examples. Today we have a special, sweet variety of dosa which is known as Vella dosa recipe.
One important thing to remember while preparing the batter is to make sure it is not thick. A thick batter will lead to a lumpy dosa and this will not make an appetising appearance.
This Vella dosa recipe is also a perfect meal for your kids too. They will surely love the sweet taste. This special recipe has been contributed by our cookery expert, Ms. Usha Srikumar. Take a look at this recipe for Vella dosa and give it a try.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Rice flour- 1/2 cup
- Wheat flour -1 cup
- Powdered jaggery -3/4 cup
- Powdered elaichi-1/2 tsp
- Salt - a pinch
- Ghee for cooking
1. Mix the flours.
2. Dissolve the jaggery in hot water and filter the solution.
3. Add salt, elaichi and flours to the filtered solution.
4. Add some more water and make a batter of pouring consistency.
5. Heat a tawa. Grease it slightly.
6. Pour a ladle full of batter on the tawa and make it round in a dosa/pancake form.
7. Add some ghee on the sides. Cook till done. Flip and cook till the other side is done too. You may add some more ghee if you wish.
8. Remove from the tawa and serve it hot.
Dosa is usually a nutritious breakfast recipe. Using jaggery also makes it low on calories. So, even if you are on a diet, you may try out this recipe.