- 1 min ago Almond Milk: Health Benefits, Uses And How To Make It At Home
- 1 hr ago Richa Chadha Wows Us With Her Two Stunning Outfits; Find Out The Details
- 1 hr ago Pregnancy And Birth: Side Effects of Epidural Injections On Mother And Foetus
- 2 hrs ago Kids And Adults Must Exercise During This COVID-19 Era, WHO Campaign
- Finance NPS vs EPF: Which Can Be A Good Bet For Your Retirement?
- News 'Does it behave a CM to make such utterances': Tejashwi slams Nitish during Bihar assembly
- Movies Himanshi Khurana Gets Emotional As She Celebrates Her Birthday; Thanks Asim Riaz, Her Family & Team For The Surprise
- Sports Premier Badminton League: PBL Season 6 postponed due to Covid 19 pandemic
- Technology BSNL Installs 85,000 New FTTH Connections In October
- Automobiles 2021 Skoda Octavia India Launch Expected Timeline Revealed: Here Are All Details
- Education Indian Air Force Airmen Result 2020 Declared For Group X And Y, Check Phase-II Details
- Travel Romantic Places for Couples To Visit In India This Holiday Season
Dosa is a signature Indian breakfast recipe. It is easy to make and is the best recipe to start your day with. People of South India can make versatile varieties of dosas. Masala dosa, set dosa, neer dosa are some examples. Today we have a special, sweet variety of dosa which is known as Vella dosa recipe.
One important thing to remember while preparing the batter is to make sure it is not thick. A thick batter will lead to a lumpy dosa and this will not make an appetising appearance.
This Vella dosa recipe is also a perfect meal for your kids too. They will surely love the sweet taste. This special recipe has been contributed by our cookery expert, Ms. Usha Srikumar. Take a look at this recipe for Vella dosa and give it a try.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Rice flour- 1/2 cup
- Wheat flour -1 cup
- Powdered jaggery -3/4 cup
- Powdered elaichi-1/2 tsp
- Salt - a pinch
- Ghee for cooking
1. Mix the flours.
2. Dissolve the jaggery in hot water and filter the solution.
3. Add salt, elaichi and flours to the filtered solution.
4. Add some more water and make a batter of pouring consistency.
5. Heat a tawa. Grease it slightly.
6. Pour a ladle full of batter on the tawa and make it round in a dosa/pancake form.
7. Add some ghee on the sides. Cook till done. Flip and cook till the other side is done too. You may add some more ghee if you wish.
8. Remove from the tawa and serve it hot.
Dosa is usually a nutritious breakfast recipe. Using jaggery also makes it low on calories. So, even if you are on a diet, you may try out this recipe.