- Sports World Cup Warm-Up: Young Hashmatullah stars as Afghanistan stun Pakistan in a thriller
- News Delhi weather: Dry weather likely in capital, Heat to ramp up next week
- Automobiles Mercedes Developing Heated Seat Belts — Hopes To Motivate People To Use Them
- Movies Prabhas Starrer Saaho's Rumours Have Been Busted; Are The Fans Disappointed?
- Finance Ashok Leyland's Q4 Profit Declines 12%; Board Declares Dividend
- Technology Oppo K3 vs other mid-range smartphones with 6GB RAM
- Education HSCAP Allotment Result 2019 Kerala Released
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Diabetes seems like a curse when you are exempted from eating your favourite dishes. We understand how frustrating it can be when you are asked by the doctor to stick to a boring list of foods. But it's time to cheer up as Boldsky has come up with a tasty solution for you which will keep you delighted throughout the day.
Uthappam is a tasty breakfast recipe from South India. It is similar to the dosa in many respects but the addition of vegetables as topping makes the difference. Uthappam is usually prepared with rice. But here we are using oats, whole wheat bread powder and yogurt, topped with mixed vegetables to make this breakfast recipe suitable for diabetic patients. Oats are an extremely healthy alternative for diabetic patients as they help in checking bad cholestrol, improve insulin sensitivity and reduce the risk of type-2 diabetes.
So, here is a delicious yet healthy breakfast recipe of oats uthappam. It is definitely worth a try.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Whole wheat bread- 4 large slices (preferably leftover)
- Oats- 1 cup
- Semolina- ½ cup
- Cooking soda- ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds- ½ tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Yogurt- ½ cup
- Water- 1 cup
- Oil- 2tbsp
- Carrot- 1 (peeled and grated)
- Capsicum- 1 (finely chopped)
- Onion- 1 (finely chopped)
- Ginger- 1 inch piece (finely chopped)
- Green chillies- 2 (finely chopped)
- Coriander leaves- 3tbsp (finely chopped)
- Cut out the sides of the whole wheat bread slices and grind it along with oats in a mixer into a fine powder.
- In a mixing bowl, take all the ingredients listed for topping. Mix well and keep it aside.
- Mix the powdered oats, bread, semolina, cooking soda, salt, cumin seeds, yogurt together in mixing bowl. Pour water as needed into the mixture and make a semi thick batter.
- Heat oil in a non stick tawa and pour about one ladle full of the batter into it.
- Spread the batter on tawa like a thick pancake. Pour a few drops of oil on the edges of the uthappam. Cook on medium flame.
- Put one tablespoon of the topping mixture at the centre of the uthappam. Reduce the flame to low and allow the uthappam to cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Flip over to the other side with the help of a spatula and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Flip the other side of the uthappam again and transfer it carefully on a serving plate.
- Repeat the same procedure with rest of the batter to make more uthappams.
Healthy and tasty oats uthappams are ready to be served. Enjoy this lip-smacking breakfast recipe with coconut chutney or ketchup.