- 1 hr ago Viral Video Of Pigeons Wearing Hats In Las Vegas Got Twitterati Explode With Reactions
- 3 hrs ago Scientists Develop Carbon Dioxide Eating Bacteria, A New Hope For Climate Emergency?
- 4 hrs ago Here Is How You Can Recreate Priyanka Chopra’s Glam And Bold Make-up Look
- 4 hrs ago Indian-Origin Scientist Finds A Way To Fix Leaky Gut By Dead Probiotics
- Sports Want to see players looking to do the right things on the field: Thomas Dennerby
- Movies Kapil Sharma & Ginni Chatrath Celebrate First Anniversary, Express Gratitute To God And Well Wishers
- News Modi govt will try to solve concerns over Citizenship Bill: Shah assures Tripura delegations
- Technology Xiaomi Launches Gigabee Smart Walkie-Talkie: Price And Features
- Automobiles Maserati Levante, Ghibli & Quattroporte Launched With V6 Petrol Engines
- Finance Retail Inflation Spikes In November To 5.54% On Costly Food Items
- Travel 10 Beaches To Enjoy A Sunny Christmas With Your Family!
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Tomato Sevai is one of those dishes which is seen in almost every South Indian home at the time of breakfast. The only reason why many love to prepare this recipe is because it is easy to prepare. Especially for working women, this yummy tomato sevai takes just 20 minutes of their time.
On the other hand, this breakfast treat is yummy taste as its main content is tomato. The fruit which is beneficial for many at any age makes this sevai all the more delightful to consume the first thing in the morning.
The other thing about this dish is that you can have it both ways - spicy or sweet. All that you need to do is add in a little chilli to create a spicy effect or leave it as it is to enjoy the tanginess. To prepare this tomato sevai, here is the recipe you need to take a look at this morning.
Prepation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
All You Need
- String hoppers/ Idiyappam/ Sevai - 1 pack
- Onion - 2 medium chopped
- Tomato - 3 medium chopped
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Sambar powder/ Red chilli powder - 2 tsp
- Asafoetida powder - 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Urad Dal - 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- A few Curry leaves
1. Cook the String hoppers/ Idiyappam/ Sevai according to the package direction. Here we cooked it in hot water for 5 minutes and strained it.
2. Take a wide pan for a good mixing, add oil and temper ingredients urad dal, cumin seeds and mustard seeds. Once the mustard seeds starts splattering add onions, asafoetida powder and a few curry leaves.
3. Once onion turns golden brown color add tomato, salt, turmeric powder and sambar powder/ red chilli powder. Mix well and cook until mushy.
4. Tomatoes are nicely mashed up now slowly add cooked String hoppers/ Idiyappam/ Sevai and start mixing it.
Tomatoes are good for health. It has five awesome benefits you should be aware of - It improves eyesight, It fights Cancer, It helps to improve blood health, It reduces the risk of a heart attack and it is good for digestion too.
Make sure you do not over boil the sevai. If you do, the sevai will become too soft like paste.