- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 07 December 2019
- 15 hrs ago Kareena Kapoor Khan's Diet Revealed By Her Nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar
- 17 hrs ago Kareena Kapoor Khan Looks So Perfect In Her Stylish Black Attire At The HT Leadership Summit!
- 17 hrs ago Lakshmi Manchu's Sari Is The Vibrant Wedding Wear You Need For Your Friend's Wedding
- News Unnao rape survivor’s father demands Hyderabad like encounter for accused
- Sports Virat Kohli gets brutally honest with his batting: 'Young batsmen, don't watch'
- Technology Vodafone, Airtel Remove Cap On Voice Calls, Offer Free Unlimited Calling To Other Networks
- Movies KGF: Chapter 1 Emerges The Most-Viewed Indian Movie Of 2019 On Amazon Prime!
- Finance SEBI Directs LIC, BoB And SBI To Reduce Stake In UTI AMC
- Automobiles KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
- Education Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020: How To Participate In PPC 2020 Contest?
Makar Sankranti is celebrated throughout India differently. It is an auspicious festival and in many parts of India, agricultural festivals ('Nabanna' in Bengal, 'Bihu' in Assam) are celebrated.
With celebration, special preparation of dishes is essential. Puran Poli is one such special delicacy that is made in Maharashtra on the occasion of Makar Sankranti. Puran Poli is also prepared in Gujarat and in several other states, but it is named differently.
So, today, we shall be sharing this special recipe with you. Continue reading.
Serves - 4
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 15 minutes
For the Filling
1. Chaana Dal - 1 cup (soaked and cooked)
2. Cardamom Powder - ½ tsp
3. Sugar - 1/3rd cup
4. Nutmeg Powder - a pinch
5. Saffron Colour - a few drops
For the Dough
6. Wheat Flour - 1 cup
7. Ghee - ½ tbsp
1. Soak chaana dal in lukewarm water and then cook it in a pressure cooker until three whistles.
2. Now, turn on the stove. Take a broad pan and add the cooked chaana dal into it and also add sugar. Now, cook it very well, so that you get a dough-like mixture.
3. Cool it completely and add cardamom powder, nutmeg powder and saffron colour into it. If you want it sweeter, you can add more powdered sugar as well. Mix everything well and keep it aside.
4. Now, start making the dough. For that, take a big bowl and add wheat flour into it. Add ghee and also add water to make the dough. Add water slowly to prepare the dough perfectly. Take little ghee on your palms and again soften the dough.
5. Now, make balls of the dough and roll it out to make it into a roti. Also, make small balls of the mixture of chaana dal and put it on the roti. Then, close the edges of the roti to cover the chaana ball.
6. Press the ball with your hands and roll it out to make it flat, like a roti. Then, heat a tawa and put the Puran Poli on the tawa. Roast it on the tawa
Puran Polis are ready to be served. You could serve it hot with some ghee and coconut milk.