- 1 hr ago Blurred Lips Trend Is On The Rise! Here’s How To Get It In 5 Easy Steps
- 4 hrs ago Padmini Ekadashi 2020: Date, Muhurta, Rituals, Katha And Significance Of This Festival
- 6 hrs ago Erica Fernandes Is The Epitome Of Beauty In Her Pretty Anarkali And We Can’t Take Our Eyes Off Her
- 11 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 26 September 2020
- Movies Manjinder Singh Sirsa On Kshitij's Arrest: Asks How Many Top Stars Will Help Expose Bollywood
- Automobiles Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Expected To Receive New Colour Scheme: Teased Ahead Of Launch
- Technology OnePlus 8, OnePlus 7T Series Now Available With Discount Of Rs. 3,000
- News BJP’s big rejig: Tejasvi Surya is Yuva Morcha chief
- Finance 3 IPOs And 2 Listings Ahead
- Sports ISL Transfer Watch: Sandesh Jhingan joins ATK Mohun Bagan
- Education AP ICET Results 2020 Declared, Check At sche.ap.gov.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
Onam is the festival of harvest and during this festival, most of the crops and fruits are yielded and wonderful recipes are made using them. People jovially celebrate the homecoming of the mythical King Mahabali and offer delicious dishes to him. This year the festival has started on 1 September and will continue till 13 September.
Mambhaza Pradhaman is one of Kerala's delicacies which increases the festive mood of Onam to a great extent. Among all other sweet recipes for Onam, Mambhaza Pradhaman is worth mentioning.
In many households, people make ada pradhanam, chakka pradhanam, parippu pradhanam, etc. But, you can make Onam special this year with mambhaza pradhanam or mango pudding.
Also Read: Best Recipes For This Onam
So, today, we'll be sharing with you this easy mango pudding recipe that you could prepare this Onam.
Read on to know more about the ingredients required and the procedure to prepare this yummy mango pudding for Onam.
Serves - 4
Preparation time - 15 minutes
Cooking time - 20 minutes
1. Sweet ripe mangoes - 3
2. Tapioca pearls - ½ cup
3. Mango pulp - 2 cups
4. Cooked rice - 1 tbsp
5. Jaggery - 4 tbsp (you could add this as per your preference)
6. Water - 2 cups
7. Dried ginger powder - ¼th tsp
8. Cardamom powder - a pinch
9. Coconut milk - 1½ cups (thin)
10. Coconut milk - 2 cups (thick)
11. Cashewnuts - 10
12. Raisins - 7 to 8
13. Dry coconut pieces - 1 tbsp
14. Ghee - 3 to 4 tbsp
Also Read: 10 Sumptuous Curry Recipes For Onam
1. Peel the ripe mangoes and cut those into cubes.
2. Now, boil jaggery in water to make a thick syrup.
3. Drain to get rid of any impurities.
4. Now, again boil water and add tapioca pearls into it. Stir the pan continuously, so that the pearls don't get burnt from the bottom.
5. Boil them until you get soft and fluffy pearls. Drain excess water and keep it aside.
6. Heat a pan with ghee and add in the mango pieces. Sauté until the colour of the mango pieces changes.
7. While stirring mango pieces, smash them and stir well, so that the mixture doesn't stick to the pan.
8. Now, add in the mango pulp into the pan and sauté again.
9. Add liquid jaggery to the mango and stir continuously until it thickens up to two-string consistency.
10. Now, add cooked rice, tapioca pearls, thin consistency of coconut milk, dried ginger powder and cardamom powder. Stir all ingredients well and cook over a low flame until the mixture thickens.
11. Simmer the flame and add thick coconut milk and after a few minutes, turn off the flame. Don't allow it to boil.
12. Now, heat a pan with ghee and sauté the cashews, dry coconut pieces and raisins on medium flame.
13. Add those to the pudding and stir well.
Your Mambhaza Pradhaman or mango pudding for Onam is ready. You can serve it immediately, but it will taste best if served chilled.