Janmashtami is that one special festival that is celebrated with great joy and enthusiasm. Not just in our nation, Janmashtami is celebrated across the world as there are many devotees for little krishna kanhaiya.
On the festival, many devotees preferfasting meanwhile special sweet recipes are prepared. The best and the tastiest recipe is the milk poli sweet recipe.
There are two reasons why you should prepare this wonderful milk poli recipe. Since Krishna loves dishes with milk and milk products, this is a special sweet that is prepared using milk. And it is also easy to prepare and it tastes good.
You can prepare the milk poli sweet recipe and offer it to Lord Krishna as nivedya and later distribute it as prasad.
So now, read on to know how to prepare yummy milk poli sweet recipe.
Cooking time- 15 minutes
Preperation time- 15 minutes
- Fine Rava - 2 cups
- Ghee- 1 Cup
- Maida - 1 Cup
- Sugar- 1/2 Cup
- Milk- 1/2 Litre
- Cashew - 7 to 8
- Pista- 4 to 5
- Cardamom - 1/2 Teaspoon ( Powdered )
- Condensed Milk - 2 Teaspoon
- Take a bowl, add fine rava; to this, add ghee. Mix them well.
- Now to the same bowl, add maida and knead the dough well.
- Keep it aside.
- Take small round shaped dough as you make roti and puri.
- Flaten them.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry until it turns reddish brown in colour. Keep it aside.
- Meanwhile, take a bowl and add milk and then add sugar.
- After the milk starts to boil, add condensed milk.
- Stir the milk.
- After the milk is boiled, let it cool down for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Now take a bowl and add the fried poli .
- Then pour the cooled milk on the poli. Also add cardamom, cashew and pista to the bowl.
- Let the poli absorb the milk for ten minutes.
- Now, take another plate and transfer the poli to it (without the milk).
Serve it to your dear ones and enjoy its taste.