- News Was assured support of all 54 MLAs by Ajit Pawar: Fadnavis
- Technology Head Injuries Have Spiked After Apple Launched Its iPhone: Researchers
- Movies Sargun Mehta Wishes Hubby Ravi Dubey On Their 6th Wedding Anniversary With A Sweet Message
- Sports Manchester City 1-2 Manchester United: Rashford and Martial land big win for Solskjaer
- Automobiles KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- Finance Now 5,500 Railway Stations Have Free WiFi
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
It is time of the year to prepare Ganesha's favourite sweet dish - modak. However, this time Boldsky wants to please your taste buds by adding chocolate to the filling. Every year, Hindus place this yummy modak dish at the feet of Ganesha on the occasion of his birthday. This year, we plam to make the festival of Ganesh Chaturthi a lot more special with the touch of chocolate.
The modak dish which on the whole a time consuming sweet to prepare, will be worth it, since the stuffing is grated chocolate and desiccated coconut. The combination of these two ingredients in the modak will surely leave you wanting for more.
Those of you who are strictly on a weight watch, let yourself go by enjoying in this favourite sweet dish of Ganesha's. Here is how you prepare the chocolate modak sweet for the occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi.
Ganesh Chaturthi special recipe: Chocolate Modak
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Rice flour -1 cup
- Oil -1 tsp
- Salt - a pinch to taste
Ingredients For Stuffing
- Chocolate syrup -1/4 cup
- Cooking Chocolate grated -1/2 cup
- Desiccated coconut - 3/4 cup
- In a cooker , add water. Add in the salt and oil to the water and allow it to boil.
- When the water is boiling, pour in the rice flour in a steady stream. Using a spoon, continue to stir it so as to avoid lumps from foaming.
- Now seal the cooker with the lid and cook till the steam begins to escape.
- When done, open the cooker and sprinkle a little more water to the ingredients which is present in the cooker. Seal the cooker again and cook till steam escapes.
- After this step, mix the ingredients well and remove the dough. Place the rice flour dough on a flat plate. When it is cool, grease your palms with oil and knead the dough until it is smooth.
- By measuring equally, divide the dough into eight equal portions.
Procedure For Stuffing
- Mix together the grated coconut, chocolate syrup and the cooking grated chocolate. Divide these ingredients too into eight equal portions.
- Now grease your palms again, and spread one portion of the dough into the shape of a round disc. Thin the edges with the help of your fingers.
- Slowly begin to place one portion of the coconut mixture in the centre. Gather the dough together to form tiny pleats. Press lightly to form a cone at the top to get the shape of the modak.
- In the final step, place the modaks on a perforated plate and steam it in a pressure cooker Make sure that the lid is on but without the weigh. Steam it for 12 minutes or so.
Your chocolate modak is now ready to eat. Enjoy this yummy Ganesh Chaturthi special recipe any time of the day.