- 4 min ago Miss India 2022: Sini Shetty From Karnataka Wins The Beauty Pageant
- 13 hrs ago Expert Article: Receded Gums, Its Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 16 hrs ago July 2022: Numerological Predictions For This Month
- 19 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope, 02 July To 09 July 2022, Check This Week Horoscope Prediction For All Zodiac Signs
- Sports Wimbledon: Sinner labels Alcaraz triumph one of his best after sinking Spanish star's hopes
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 12 Episode 2 Highlights: Erika Packard Gets Eliminated From The Rohit Shetty Show
- News Denmark: Several people shot at Copenhagen shopping mall, police say
- Education PSEB Class 10th Result 2022 : Punjab Board Likely To Declare 10th Results In First Week Of July
- Technology Week 26, 2022 Launch Roundup: OnePlus Nord 2T, Samsung Galaxy XCover6 Pro, Nokia G11 Plus, And More
- Automobiles Royal Enfield Himalayan Gets Two New Colour Options
- Finance Gold Rates Increase Around Rs. 1350 In India In Past 2 Days: See Why?
- Travel Some Great Tips For Mothers Traveling With Infants And Children
It's the most wonderful time of the year. I am humming this right now and enjoying my slice of this delicious ginger bread loaf with a steaming cup of tea and wondering how true these lines are. This time of the year takes you to a magical world where everything seems perfect and their is a genuine happiness around.
I am getting totally engrossed in the festivities and hoping to make the most of this wonderful time. This traditional Ginger bread is also the synonym of happiness. Moist, spicy with the very flavor of the Christmas, this is a must make. Here is the recipe.
- All purpose flour - 1 and ½ cup
- Baking soda- ½ tsp
- Ground cinnamon- 1tsp
- Ground ginger- 1tbsp
- Ground cloves- 1 tsp
- Salt- ¼ tsp
- Milk- ½ cup
- lemon juice- 2-3 drops
- Unsalted butter- 115 g
- Golden brown sugar- 1 cup (packed) and 1\2 cup
- Water- 3tbsp
- Eggs- 2
- Vanilla extract- 1tsp
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Grease and dust a 9 inch by 5 inch loaf pan.
- Mix all purpose flour, baking soda, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, ground cloves and salt in a bowl.
- Mix milk and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Mix 12 cup brown sugar and water in another bowl.
- Whisk butter and 1 cup brown sugar in a bowl till light and fluffy ( approx 5 minutes )
- Add the Brown sugar and water mixture and mix till combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time and mix well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add half of the flour mixture and mix to combine.
- Add the milk and lemon mixture and mix till combine.
- Add the remaining flour and mix well.
- Pour the batter in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, till a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the tray.
- Transfer the loaf on a wire rack and cool.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- Cut into slices and serve.
- cakes bakesX Mas Spcl: Fresh Cherry & Rum Cake
- cakes bakesChristmas 2019: Best Cake Recipes To Try This Festive Season!
- cakes bakesChristmas Fruit Cake/Plum Cake
- baked grilled snacksParmesan Garlic Knots Recipe
- riceChana Biryani Recipe For A Healthy Heart
- chickenWeekend Special: Herb Grilled Chicken Pizza
- maincourseSavoury Bread Pudding Recipe