- Movies Ishaan Khatter Shocked Everyone On Khaali Peeli Set By Doing His Own Stunts, Without Harness
- News Coronavirus: Paracetamol price rises by 40% in India due to shut down in China
- Sports Hero I-League 2019-20: Quess East Bengal down Indian Arrows 3-1 to clinch much-needed win
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A31 With 5000mAh Battery To Be Launched Soon
- Finance Planning for 5 Year Tax Saving Fixed Deposit? List of Things to Check
- Travel Maha Shivratri 2020: Ancient Shiva Temples In India
- Automobiles 2020 Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Facelift — All You Need To Know
- Education CBSE Exam Centre Locator App: Why Class 10 & 12 Students Should Download?
It's the most wonderful time of the year. I am humming this right now and enjoying my slice of this delicious ginger bread loaf with a steaming cup of tea and wondering how true these lines are. This time of the year takes you to a magical world where everything seems perfect and their is a genuine happiness around.
I am getting totally engrossed in the festivities and hoping to make the most of this wonderful time. This traditional Ginger bread is also the synonym of happiness. Moist, spicy with the very flavor of the Christmas, this is a must make. Here is the recipe.
- All purpose flour - 1 and ½ cup
- Baking soda- ½ tsp
- Ground cinnamon- 1tsp
- Ground ginger- 1tbsp
- Ground cloves- 1 tsp
- Salt- ¼ tsp
- Milk- ½ cup
- lemon juice- 2-3 drops
- Unsalted butter- 115 g
- Golden brown sugar- 1 cup (packed) and 1\2 cup
- Water- 3tbsp
- Eggs- 2
- Vanilla extract- 1tsp
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Grease and dust a 9 inch by 5 inch loaf pan.
- Mix all purpose flour, baking soda, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, ground cloves and salt in a bowl.
- Mix milk and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Mix 12 cup brown sugar and water in another bowl.
- Whisk butter and 1 cup brown sugar in a bowl till light and fluffy ( approx 5 minutes )
- Add the Brown sugar and water mixture and mix till combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time and mix well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add half of the flour mixture and mix to combine.
- Add the milk and lemon mixture and mix till combine.
- Add the remaining flour and mix well.
- Pour the batter in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, till a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the tray.
- Transfer the loaf on a wire rack and cool.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- Cut into slices and serve.