- Movies Did Alia Bhatt Misbehave With Her Bodyguards? Netizens Call Her Rude & Ask Her To Watch Her Attitude
- Sports Snap judgment: Fan who took selfie with Mbappe fined and banned
- Technology Huawei Mate 30 RS Porsche Design Announced With 5G Support For 2095 Euros
- News PM's US itinerary: Address at UNGA, nearly 20 bilaterals, Houston diaspora event
- Automobiles 2020 Mahindra XUV500 Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch Next Year: Spy Pics & Details
- Finance Delhi Police Launches App To Pay Traffic Challan, File FIR
- Education HSSC Exam Date Announced For November 2019 To March 2020
- Travel Manali: A Snow Destination For You To Be This Winter
Tea time with crispy snacks is the best combination ever. Cheese balls seem to be a snack which most kids love to relish. Cheese balls can be made with many ingredients. Have you tried macaroni and corn cheese balls? This fried Indian snack can be a treat for the snack lovers. It is made with macaroni, corn kernels and cheese.
You must have tried many different varieties of macaroni. But this snack recipe is sure to stand out among the lot. This is a high calorie dish as the balls are fried in oil and also contains cheese. So, if you are on a diet, you can reduce some calories by using fat-free cheese.
Here is the recipe to make macaroni and corn cheese balls. Take a look.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
All you need
- Butter- 1tbsp
- Maida (all purpose flour)- 2tbsp
- Milk- 1 cup
- Macaroni- 1 cup (boiled)
- Sweet corn- 1/2 cup
- Cheese- 1/4 cup (grated)
- Capsicum- 1 (finely chopped)
- Red chilli flakes- 2tsp
- Black pepper powder- 1tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Bread crumbs- 1 cup
- Oil- for deep frying
1. To prepare the white sauce, heat the butter in a pan and add maida to it. Saute for a minute and then add the milk. Stir immediately and make sure no lumps are formed.
2. Add the boiled pasta and capsicum to it and saute for 4-5 minutes.
3. Then add salt, chilli flakes, black pepper, sweet corn and mix well. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
4. Add the grated cheese and allow it to melt. Switch off the flame and allow it to cool down.
5. Divide the mixture into 6-7 equal parts. Make small balls out of the cooked macaroni.
6. Spread the bread crumbs on a plate and roll the balls of macaroni on it to cover all the sides.
7. Heat the oil for deep frying and once the oil is hot, slowly put the balls into it and fry till they are golden brown.
8. Once done, transfer the balls to a plate and serve with ketchup.
These macaroni and corn cheese balls taste best when served with ketchup or cheese dip.