Pizza is one of the most famous Italian dishes. All around the world, there are many foodies who love to have a bite of cheese filled pizzas. Both veg and non veg pizzas have their own taste. The flavour and aroma of Italian spices make this cuisine a must try before you die! Pizzas can be easily made at home. If you have an oven, just bake a pizza and your filling evening snack is ready to serve. Hero pizza is a yummy vegetarian recipe that is made with bell peppers, onions and mushrooms. Lets take a look at the recipe to prepare vegetarian hero pizza.
Vegetarian hero pizza recipe:
Preparation time: 30-45 minutes
Medium sized pizza crust (thin or thick)- 1
Onions- 2 (finely chopped)
Spaghetti sauce or ready made pizza sauce- ½ cup
Mushrooms- ½ cup (sliced)
Tomatoes- 2 (finely chopped)
Skimmed mozzarella cheese- 1 cup (shredded)
Parmesan cheese- 1 cup (grated)
Tomato sauce- 2tbsp
Salt- as per taste
Black pepper- 1tsp
Chilli flakes- 2tsp
Bell pepper rings for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 230 C. Grease a pizza pan with olive oil.
- Heat a non-sticky pan. Add 1tsp olive oil. Now cook the onion, mushroom and tomatoes for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
- Take the pizza crust and grease with ready made pizza or spaghetti sauce. See that you spread the sauce all over the base of the pizza. Then spread tomato sauce over it.
- Now grease Parmesan cheese and then pour the cooked vegetables.
- Sprinkle little shredded mozzarella cheese on the pizza crust.
- Cover the top of the pizza with the rest of the mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Top it with salt, pepper, oregano, chilli flakes and bell pepper rings.
- Place the pan inside the heated oven. Wear gloves to avoid burning your fingers. Now bake the pizza for 20-25 minutes (till the topping becomes soft and the pizza crust becomes brown).
Vegetarian Hero pizza is ready. Serve it hot to enjoy the flavour of freshly melted cheese.