Starting tomorrow, that is, 3rd of August, the most auspicious masa or month 'Shravana' is going to begin. During this special masa, many festivals are celebrated in India. The most important festivals among them being Mangala Gowri, Varamahalakshmi and many more.
These festivals are very important and are celebrated across South India, though Shravan masa is celebrated in North India, the customs and traditions vary.
However, there is one thing that is common in these festivals and that is of course the varieties of foods that are prepared during the month.
One of the best recipes among the snack recipes is the Kodubale. This is a very famous South Indian snack recipe that is generally prepared for most of the important festivals.
Preparing kodubale is also very easy and you can prepare the snack one day in advance for the festive occasion and later offer it to the Lord the next day.
So, read on to know the simplest kodubale recipe for Shravana masa.
Serves - 4
Cooking time - 30 minutes
Preparation time - 20 minutes
- Fine rava (Bombay rava) - 1/4th cup
- Maida (Refined flour) - 1/2 cup
- Rice flour - 1 cup
- Red Chillies or green chillies - 5 to 6
- Dry Coconut - 1/2 cup
- Take a mixy jar, add either the red chillies or green chillies along with the dry coconut.
- Do not add water, grind the mixture.
- Now, take a large bowl, add the fine rava, rice flour and maida.
- Add salt and mix all the ingredients well.
- Meanwhile, take a pan and heat some oil in it.
- Once hot, take a spoon of heated oil and add it to the mixing bowl.
- To the same mixing bowl, add the ground coconut and chilli mixture.
- Now, mix all the ingredients well.
- Then, take small pieces of the dough and roll it on to a plate (flat surface) and then turn it to make it into a kodubale form (that is a hollow circle).
- Once the oil has completely heated up, add the kodubales.
- Fry them until they turn reddish brown in colour.
- Then, transfer them on to a plate and serve them either hot or cold.
So, try this special South Indian snack recipe and let us know your feedback.