- 1 hr ago Designer Neeta Lulla Shares Interesting Details About Sridevi’s Costumes In A Movie On Her Instagram
- 2 hrs ago Happy Birthday Urvashi Dholakia: Her Stylish Looks As Komolika From Kasautii Zindagii Kay
- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 09 July 2020
- 14 hrs ago National Cleft And Craniofacial Awareness and Prevention Month: What Is Cleft Lip And Palate?
- Automobiles Maruti WagonR Electric Hatchback Spied Testing Once Again In India
- Movies Anubhav Sinha On How SRK-Starrer Ra.One Failure Affected Him: It Drains You; Haunts You For Years
- Sports Sophie Devine appointed full-time captain of New Zealand women's cricket team
- News Kanpur firing: Vikas Dubey arrested in MP's Ujjain
- Technology Redmi Note 9 India Launch Likely Set For This Month
- Finance Rupee Opens Higher At 74.94 Per US Dollar
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
- Travel Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In North India In July 2020
Food in Mumbai has its own signifier. For example, the 'pav' in Kheema Pav tells you that it has to be food from the streets of the Island city. This interesting Kheema recipe is mostly adored as street food in the Western parts of India. However, with a good recipe, you can always make Kheema Pav at home and give your kids a treat.
Just like any other kind of food from Mumbai such as Vada Pav or Pav Bhaji, the 'Pav' is very important in this kheema recipe. It is special kind of bread that is colloquially called 'bun'. The kheema in this recipe is juicy but not with too much gravy. It is dry enough to be savoured with bread (pav).
Ingredients For Kheema Pav:
- Pav or bun bread 4 (cut into halves from the centre)
- Kheema or minced mutton 500 gms
- Onion 1 (chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste 2tbsp
- Tomato 1 (chopped)
- Cardamom pod 4
- Shahjeera 1tsp
- Cloves 4
- Pepper corns 5
- Bay leaf (tej patta) 1
- Green chillies 2 (chopped)
- Red chilli powder 1tbsp
- Garam masala powder 1tbsp
- Pav bhaji masala 1tbsp
- Coriander leaves (chopped) 2tbsp
- Butter 3tbsp
- Oil 2tbsp
- Salt as per taste
Procedure For Kheema Pav:
1. Heat oil in a deep bottomed pan. Season it with cardamom pods, bay leaf, shahjeera, cloves and pepper corns.
2. Saute onions in the oil until they turn brown. Then add green chillies and ginger garlic paste.
3. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on low flame before adding tomatoes. Sprinkle salt and cook for another 5 minutes.
4. Wait till the rawness disappears and the oil starts separating from them, add the minced meat to the pan.
5. Cook the kheema for 3 to 4 minutes before adding the powdered spices, namely red chilli and garam masala and pav bhaji masala powder.
6. Mix well and cook for a few more minutes. Add 2 cups of water, cover and cook for another 5 to 7 minutes.
7. When oil starts floating on top of the kheema, increase the flame and singe the gravy to a minimum.
8. Remove from flame and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
9. Now melt a blob of butter on a flat pan. When it melts completely and starts turning brown, place the pavs on it. Let the bread get toasted while it soaks up the butter.
Kheema pav can be served as stuffed sandwich or on a plate with kheema as a side dish.