- 4 hrs ago June 2020: Auspicious Dates For Buying Vehicles In This Month
- 6 hrs ago Happy Birthday Sobhita Dhulipala: Five Times The Diva Left Us Stunned With Her Unconventional Style
- 8 hrs ago Ganga Dussehra 2020: Here’s The Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Festival
- 8 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope: 31 May To 6 June
- News CDS releases first version of COVID-19 IISC model
- Sports Sri Lanka to resume training on June 1 after coronavirus hiatus
- Movies Roopa Ganguly Aka Draupadi Says Trains Used To Stop At Stations So People Could Watch Mahabharat
- Technology SpaceX, NASA Liftoff Historic Crewed Mission To ISS
- Automobiles Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Highlights From The Auto Industry Of The Week Gone By
- Finance Markets Next Week: Global Cues To Remain Key
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Natu Kodi literally means village chicken. This is a Andhra style chicken recipe which is cooked with a mix of desi spices. Like other foods of Andhra cuisine, Natu Kodi Pulusu is alsoa spicy and delicious chicken item which you can try this evening.
Preparing Natu Kodi Pulusu is not much of a hassle. It is similar to the other Indian style preparation of chicken. Only the mix of spices make the difference. The coconut adds a unique flavour to the dish and makes it totally irresistible.
So, try out Natu Kodi Pulusu and have a yummy treat.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Chicken- 1 kg (cut into medium sized pieces)
- Onions- 3 (finely chopped)
- Ginger-garlic paste- 1tbsp
- Tomatoes- 2 (finely chopped)
- Yogurt- 2tbsp
- Green chillies- 3-4 (finely chopped)
- Coriander seeds- 1tbsp
- Cumin seeds- ½ tbsp
- Dry coconut- 2tbsp
- Garlic- 3 pods
- Turmeric powder- 1tsp
- Red chilli powder- ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder- 1tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Oil- 3tbsp
- Coriander leaves- 2tbsp (finely chopped)
- Water- 1 cup
1. Dry roast the coriander seeds, cumin seeds, coconut and garlic together in a mixer into a coarse paste with a little water.
2. Clean the chicken pieces properly and make slits. Keep it aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan and add onions. Fry till they turn golden bown on medium flame.
4. Then add ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and fry for 3-4 minutes.
5. Add tomatoes, prepared paste, garam masala powder, yogurt, salt and mix well. Cook for 5-6 minutes.
6. Now add the chicken pieces and mix well.
7. Pour in the water and mix well.
8. Cover and cook for 20 minutes on low flame.
9. Once done, remove the lid and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Yummy Natu Kodi Pulusu is ready to be served. Enjoy this 'desi' chicken delight with steamed rice.