- 3 hrs ago Global Citizen Festival 2021: Billie Eilish, Coldplay, Jennifer Lopez, Ed Sheeran, Elton John To Perform
- 6 hrs ago Attending A Wedding Soon? Vidya Balan And Genelia Deshmukh Have Red Saree Goals For You!
- 8 hrs ago Importance Of Breakfast For Teenagers, What Parents Should Know And Easy Recipes
- 10 hrs ago Your Stylish Semi-Formal Fashion Goals Ft. Sonam Kapoor Ahuja And Sonakshi Sinha
- Education Schools In Maharashtra To Reopen From October 4, School Education Minister Varsha Gaikwad Announces
- Movies KBC 13: Suniel Shetty And Jackie Shroff Grace The Hot Seat, Share Some Fun Moments With Amitabh Bachchan
- News Indian PM Modi, US President Biden remember Mahatma Gandhi a week before his jayanti
- Sports After hike for domestic players, BCCI mulls revised pension for former cricketers, widows
- Technology Realme GT Neo2 India Launch Timeline Tipped; Expected Price, Features
- Finance Survey Finds Over Two-Thirds of Customers Willing To Switch To Digital Only Bank
- Travel World Tourism Day 2021: 5 Breathtaking Natural Wonders Of The World To See – Part 1
- Automobiles Ford To Announce Settlement Packages For Its Employees; Plan To Shut Chennai Plant By 2022
While it comes to seafood, prawns are hugely popular in many households. There are millions of recipes you can try with prawn. And as it takes little time to get cooked, people love to prepare interesting recipes with it.
From curries to fry, prawns do add a nice spice to the taste. Another interesting thing about prawn is that it is made in different styles in different parts of the country. The 'Bengali Chingri (Prawn) Maliakari' is completely different from its Goan counterpart called the 'Goan Prawn Curry'.
So, if you want something spicy and crispy to make with prawn, you can try your hands at preparing this spicy prawn curry. It goes well as a starter for your house party or you can have it during the evening with tea or coffee.
So, here are the ingredients that are required and the procedure to prepare this amazing snack.
Serves - 6
Preparation Time - 20 minutes
Cooking Time - 20 minutes
Prawn/shrimp - 600 g (cleaned and deveined)
Red Chilli Powder - 2 tsp
Turmeric Powder - ½ tsp
Oil - 5 tbsp
Coriander Seeds Powder - 1½ tbsp
Salt as per taste
Ginger-Garlic Paste - 1½ tbsp
Onions - 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
Curry Leaves - 7-8
Water - ½ cup
Take a bowl and add prawns, salt, red chilli powder, coriander seeds powder, turmeric powder and ginger-garlic paste. Marinate all the ingredients well and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
Take a frying pan and heat some oil in it. Add onions and fry those to make them golden brown.
Now, add the marinated prawns and sauté well. Don't forget to add the curry leaves.
Add a little amount of water and cover the lid of the pan and let it be cooked for 5-8 minutes.
Later, remove the lid and again stir the prawns well, so that they get fried thoroughly. You can add a bit of oil if you think it is getting too dry.
The spicy prawn fry is ready to be served. Add lemon juice and some chopped coriander leaves and serve it hot.