To try this recipe, all you have to is chop up some vegetables and scramble a few eggs in a pan. The basic premise of this easy rice recipe doesn't change all that much. It is a great lunch box idea because it is dry and easy to carry. This fried rice recipe makes use of minimal spices and is actually quite nutritious.
Ingredients For Egg Fried Rice:
1. Eggs 3
2. Basmati Rice 2 cups
3. Onion 1 (sliced finely)
4. Garlic 4 cloves (chopped finely)
5. Ginger 1 inch (minced)
6. Carrots 2 (chopped into blocks)
7. Beans 6-8 (chopped)
8. Mushrooms 3-4 (chopped) optional
9. Green chillies 3 (cut into halves)
10. Pepper corns 5-6
11. Cinnamon sticks 2
12. Nutmeg powder 1 teaspoon
13. Ground pepper 1 teaspoon
14. Salt as per taste
15. Butter 1 tablespoon
Procedure For Egg Fried Rice:
- Chop all the vegetables and keep them ready; you can do this a day in advance. The rice too should be washed and ready to cook.
- Melt butter in a pressure cooker (you can use 1 and ' table spoon of oil instead), season it with pepper and cinnamon sticks; saute the onions in them until the turn golden brown and transparent.
- Meanwhile beat the eggs with a little pepper and cook scramble them in a shallow pan. Do not over cook the eggs as they will cook with the rice.
- Keep the scrambled aside and add ginger garlic to the onions. Cook for 2 minutes and then add the vegetables.
- Mix well and cook the vegetables for 3-4 minutes. Add the spices including the chillies and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Now add the eggs and stir it in slowly to not break it up. Cook for 2-3 minutes and add the rice. Mix well but gently and cook for 4-5 minutes on low flame.
- Add 4 cups of water and salt; close the lid and cook for the duration of 2 whistles (5 minutes)
Garnish with parsley or coriander leave before you serve egg fried rice.