Saree is a national dress in India. But besides that formal tag, it is a garment that accentuates the beauty of an Indian woman to the fullest. Saree is also one of the most versatile clothes. There is a type of saree for every occasion. Different types of sarees are worn on different occasions. For example, you can wear a saree to your friend's wedding and you can also wear a saree for an important business meeting. There will be a lot of difference between these two types of sarees.
Every occasion is marked certain special rules of propriety. For example, you cannot wear a very revealing saree to a puja. Then if you are going out during the day, you cannot wear very heavy silk sarees. Light colours are suitable for the day time and there are special types of saree for the day time.
Basically, there is a particular type of saree for every occasion. You just have to know which type of saree to wear on which occasion.
Saree For Day Wear
Sarees that are suitable for day wear have 2 main defining points. Firstly, they are light in colour and secondly, they should preferably be cotton sarees.
Saree For Party
Party-wear does not necessarily have to be western outfits. What if you are going to high profile dinner party with office colleagues? In such cases, you can wear net or designer sarees.
Saree For Weddings
Save your heavy silk and designer sarees for any weddings in the family or friends. You can wear bright colours like red, green and blue for weddings.
Saree For Business Meeting
When you go to a business meeting, your saree must be minimalistic and plain. Choose chiffon, cotton or raw silk sarees. The colour should be light and preferably muted
Saree For Kids School
When you are invited for a parents-teachers meeting at your kids school, you can choose to be chic and decent at the same time. Georgette or chiffon in a single colour with a thin border is a good choice.
Saree For Romantic Dinner
When you have to dress to impress then there is nothing like transparent net or body hugging chiffon. Do not choose bright colours. Nude shades of chiffon have more tantalising effect.
Saree For Festivals
On most festive occasions like Diwali, Holi etc you would be expected wear sarees. You can either wear designer net or silk sarees during this time. Festive sarees can be moderately heavy and you can choose matching jewellery with it.
Saree For Fancy Lunch
If you are going out for a lunch with your girl gang or going to kitty party, you need a contemporary saree. Choose plain but stylish saree in chiffon, net and georgette. You can also drape saree differently to get compliments for your style.
Saree For Puja
When you are invited to a puja, or religious ceremony, choose a traditional saree. You could either wear a plain kanjeeravam saree or Bengali tant cotton sarees with broad borders.
Saree For Charity Show
A charity show is not a place to show-off your style. Wear plain cotton or khadi sarees on such noble occasions. And do not wear blingy jewellery because it is in bad taste.
- Vidya Balan’s Red Sari Woos But Her Styling Is Drab
- Can A Blouse Glam Up A Sari? Let Mahira Khan Show You How
- Vidya Balan's Latest Sari Will Inspire You To Don A Sari Right Away
- Soha Ali Khan Wore The Prettiest Fusion Wear We Have Ever Seen
- WOW! Sonam Kapoor Draped Her Sari In This Unique Style
- The Golden Goddess Or The Classy Chic: Which Look Of Sonam Kapoor-Ahuja Did You Like More?
- Rajinikanth And Huma Qureshi Look Amazing Together In This Picture
- Sonam's Distressed Denim Sari Will Have Your Mind All Blown Away!
- Red Hot Alert: Esha Gupta Might Make The Temperatures Soar
- Jacqueline In Her Chic Dress Is Making Our Hearts Go Racing
- Bhumi Looks Her Fashionable Best In A Fusion Sari
- Karisma Kapoor's Attire Is What We Want In Our Closet Right Now