- 4 hrs ago Mozambique Sees First Wild Polio Case Since 1992; Pandemic May Have Caused Children To Miss Polio Vaccination
- 4 hrs ago Ganga Dussehra 2022: Date, Time, History And Significance
- 5 hrs ago 13 Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Wrinkles On Lips: Oils, Fruit Juices And More
- 6 hrs ago Venus Transit In Aries On 23 May 2022: Impact On Zodiac Signs And Remedies To Follow
- News Explained: Mozambique confirms wild poliovirus case, first since 1992: What is it? Symptoms, Transmission
- Technology New State Mobile May Update Brings New Features, Kicks Off Season 3
- Movies Priyanka Chopra Rides Swanky New ATV Gifted By Nick Jonas, Calls Him Best Husband Ever
- Sports French Open 2022: Stefanos Tsitsipas could upset the elite and win title, says Gaurav Natekar
- Finance 6 Banks That Offer Cheapest Interest Rates On Gold Loans
- Education IGNOU Re-Registration 2022 for July Session Begins, Check Last Date, How To Apply And Other Details
- Automobiles Ola 200km Challenge: Here’s How You Can Get Free Gerua Ola S1 Pro
- Travel Best Camping Site Near Pune And Mumbai – Pawna Lake Camping, 1N/2D
Our skin goes through a lot during the teenage years. The hormonal changes, exposure to dirt, pollution and the sun, stress of exams and maintaining a social life- all make up for factors that wreak havoc on your skin. It can be frustrating, right.
That is where a good skincare routine comes into play. A good skincare routine nourishes the skin and prevents its from the many skin ailments, acne being the major one in teenage years. And don't worry. We are not talking about the extensive thousand step Korean skincare routine. We know the teenage skin is sensitive and should be dealt with carefully. We mean a basic routine that keeps your skin fresh and healthy.
So, for the teenagers who are struggling to find an ideal skincare routine, here's one for you.
The Skincare Routine
Like all good skincare routines, the teenage skincare routine should start with cleansing. Cleansing is great for the skin. It removes all the dirt and build-up from your face. Use a gentle face cleanser and wash your face thoroughly. After you are done washing your face, use a soft towel to gently pat ir dry.
If you are dealing with acne, use a face wash that is meant for acne prone skin. It helps to target your issue and helps accelerate the healing process of the skin.
The next step is to moisturise the skin. Dry skin is the cause of many of your skin problems. If you want soft and silky smooth skin, moisturising is a must. Get a moisturiser that is suitable for your skin type and slather it on every morning. Remember, hydrated skin is happy skin.
The last part of your short and simple skincare routine is sunscreen. In our teenage years, we do not put much attention to protecting our skin when stepping out in the sun. It can turn out to be your biggest skincare mistake. The harmful rays of the sun can do a lot of damage to the skin, especially the sensitive damage-prone teenage skin. Apply a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 to protect your skin. This is a skincare step that is essential no matter your age.
Along with this skincare routine, teenage years is also the time to develop some great skincare habits that are going to make caring your the skin easier in the coming years. Here are some important do's and don'ts that you must also keep in mind to maintain your skin health.
Wash face twice
We are often under the misconception that washing the face frequently helps to keep it clean and away from skin issues. This couldn't be more wrong. Excessively washing the face strips the moisture of your skin, leaving your skin dry and vulnerable. So, it is important to wah your face just twice a day- once in the morning and once at night before going to bed.
Wear make-up only when necessary
As teenagers, there is nothing more fascinating than make-up. And social media has made things even worse. With different make-up challenges and trends floating around on Instagram, we are eager to delve into the world of make-up. Hold on!
Wearing heavy make-up can clog your skin pores leading to skin issues such as acne, blemishes and blackheads. The chemicals used in the products are also not ideal for the teenage skin. So, keep your make-up to the minimum and wear it only when necessary.
Cover your skin
Teenagers are full of energy. It is normal to meet friends, play and hang out outside. Your skin protection goes for a toss here. While you are enjoying yourself, the sun is working its magic to harm your skin. So, wear your sunscreen and cover your skin as much as you can when stepping out.
A scarf, cardigan or a hat are some of the pieces you can use to protect the skin while making a style statement. It is time to get creative.
Use toothpaste to calm the zits
Acne is one of the most common teenage problems. And applying toothpaste on your zits is a common advice given by so-called skin experts. Don't do that. Toothpaste contains chemicals that are extremely harsh on the skin and will only damage your skin in the long run. So, no matter how tempted you are, do not apply the toothpaste on your zits.
Share your make-up
Sharing your make-up is a really bad habit that you need to stop doing immediately. So many teenagers, and even adults, are suffering from acne and other skin ailments. When your share your make-up, you also share the bacterial and skin issues with the other person. Are you ready for that? We don't think so.
So, keep your make-up products and tools to yourself. Remember, sharing is not always caring.
- skin care3 Major Signs That Indicate Your Skincare Routine Isn’t Working For You
- skin careDemi Moore Shares Her Nighttime Skincare Routine And Shows Us How To Tackle Hypersensitive Skin
- skin careHumidity Messing Up Your Skin? Here Are Some Tips
- skin carePost-Wedding Skincare For Bride, Groom And The Wedding Party
- skin careTreat Acne On Jawline With These Tips
- body careWhat To Do When See Pigmentation Spots On Your Body
- skin careThe Reasons You Keep Getting Pimples On Eyebrows
- skin careMorning Habits That’ll Give You Glowing Skin
- skin care7 Skin Care Milestones To Conquer Before Turning 40
- skin care5 Ways To Protect Your Skin From The Sun
- skin care8 Common Eye Cream Mistakes That You Should Stop Making
- skin care5 Lifestyles Changes You Need To Make Right Now If You Want Clear Skin