TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Four Accused Including Aseemanand Acquitted In Samjauta Express Blast Case
- IPL 2019: Five Foreign Players Who Could Rock The Tournament
- Vodafone Offers 50% Discount On Amazon Prime Subscription
- Bajaj Qute Launched In India At Rs 2.63 Lakh — A Quadricycle Threat To Small Cars?
- Why Investors Are Dumping Auto Stocks And Buying Banking Stocks?
- Zee Cine Awards 2019 Winners List
- How Lord Krishna Killed Kamsa: The Story Of Kamsa Vadh
- Calangute, The Ideal Getaway For Beach Bums Does Exist!
Nobody likes to have dark, pigmented, dry or chapped lips, right? But what do we do when we have to deal with it, when we are left with dry and chapped lips or even worse, pigmented lips? At such times, women often resort to various lip creams, lip moisturisers, or lip balms that help to repair and heal dry and chapped lips. Lip balms have the quality to nourish, hydrate, and moisturise lips, making them soft.
While there are several lip balms available in the market that promise to heal dry, chapped or pigmented lips, they might contain some small amounts of chemicals or other ingredients that might not be good or recommended for your lips. What do we do in that case? A simple solution to this would be making a homemade lip balm using all natural ingredients and treat your lips with their goodness.
Speaking of making homemade lip balms, what could be better than using raspberries for your lips that will give you soft, supple, pink, and kissable lips in no time. Raspberries protect your lips from sun damage and thus eliminate the chances of dark lips or pigmentation. They are high in antioxidants and vitamin C. Raspberries also possess anti-inflammatory properties that soothe irritation on lips, if any.
Moreover, a raspberry lip balm promises to keep your lips soft and moisturised throughout the day. It exfoliates your lips and makes them supple. You can make a homemade lip balm using raspberries or even make a raspberry lip scrub at home that will help you get rid of dead skin cells on your lips and thus make them soft and kissable.
How To Make Raspberry Lip Balm At Home?
- 2 tbsp raspberry and gelatin mix
- 2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 5-6 drops of lemon essential oil
How to do
- In a pan, heat coconut oil until it becomes slightly warm. You can also microwave it for about 20 seconds.
- Once done, take it off the heat and add raspberry and gelatin mix to it and stir well.
- Now, again microwave it or heat it on low flame for some time until the gelatin begins to melt and the colour of the raspberry starts to appear.
- Add honey to it and mix well.
- Lastly, add lemon essential oil and mix it properly.
- Now, pour the mixture into a small lip balm container and let it cool down. You can put it in the refrigerator for a few hours until it hardens.
- The lip balm is now ready for use and you can simply apply it on your lips using your fingertips. The pink colour of the raspberries will make your lips look pink, soft, and kissable.
Do try this amazing raspberry lip balm recipe at home and never let your lips get dry again. Also, if you want to make a homemade lip scrub using raspberry, here's a quick and easy three-step recipe:
How To Make Raspberry Scrub At Home?
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp raspberry pulp/2 crushed raspberries
- 1 tbsp honey
How to do
- In a small bowl, take the mashed raspberries or raspberry pulp.
- Add honey to it and mix both the ingredients well.
- Lastly, add sugar and mix.
- Now, take a generous amount of raspberry mix on your fingertips and gently scrub your lips with it. Scrub in circular motions.
- Continue this activity for five minutes and then wash your lips with cold water.
- Repeat this every day for desired results.