- News EPFO jobs: Last date to apply for 280 Assistant vacancies today; Steps to apply
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Australia take on England at Lord's on June 25, the day India won the World Cup under Kapil Dev
- Finance SBI Life Slips 5% On BNP Paribas' OFS Plans
- Automobiles Mahindra XUV500 BS-VI Seen Testing — Expected Launch Early 2020
- Technology Garmin Forerunner 945: This GPS-Enabled Smartwatch Is Expensive Than Your Flagship Smartphone
- Movies Sunaina Roshan's Boyfriend REACTS To Her Family Opposing Their Relationship!
- Education Looking For Career In Management? Explore Why BBA MBA Integrated Course Is Best After Class 12
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Dark spots on the lips make your lips look dull and ugly. After all, your lips are one of the most important facial features. Have you ever wondered why these black spots are formed on your lips?
The causes can be several including over-exposure to the sun, excess intake of caffeine, excess intake of alcohol, smoking, using cheap cosmetics, etc. But do not worry. There are several home remedies that can help you in getting rid of black spots on your lips.
Today, we'll discuss what those home remedies are and how to prepare them to get back the soft, pink and lustrous lips of yours.
1) Rose Petals And Glycerin
This remedy will work effectively if you have dark spots on your lips due to smoking.
- A handful of rose petals
How To Do:
1. First grind a handful of fresh rose petals to make a fine paste.
2. Now mix the rose petal paste with some glycerin.
3. Apply a layer of this rose petal-glycerin paste on your lips just before you go to bed.
4. Next day morning, rinse it off with normal water.
5. Use this regularly for a remarkable change.
Tomato has skin-lightening properties that help in removing black spots on the lips.
- 1 medium-sized tomato
How To Do:
1. This is a simple and easy-to-prepare remedy.
2. First cut the tomatoes into small pieces and blend them to make a paste.
3. Next, apply this paste on your lips and leave it on for about 15 minutes.
4. After 15 minutes, rinse it off with normal water.
5. You can also squeeze tomatoes to take out the juice and apply this on your lips if you do not want to blend it.
6. Use this every day at least once for better and faster results.
3) Almond Oil
Almond oil not only helps in removing the pigmentation on the lips, it also hydrates and moisturizes the lips making them soft and lustrous. Sugar exfoliates the lips by removing dead skin cells.
- 1 tbsp almond oil
- 1 tsp sugar
How To Do
1. First, mix together 1 tsp sugar and 1 tbsp almond oil.
2. Gently massage this mixture on your lips in a circular motion and leave it on for 20 minutes.
3. After 20 minutes wash it off with plain water.
4. Repeat this remedy once in a week for better results.
We all know that lemon is a citrus fruit that contains vitamin C. This helps in removing any kind of pigmentation or dark spots by removing the dead skin cells. Honey helps in moisturising the lips, thus giving it a glow.
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
How To Do
1. Cut a lemon and squeeze the juice out of it in a clean bowl.
2. Now add 1 tsp of organic honey into the lemon juice and mix both the ingredients well.
3. Apply this lemon-honey mixture on your lips and leave it on for 15-20 minutes.
4. After 20 minutes, rinse it off with lukewarm water.
5. Pat dry and apply a lip balm so that your lips don't go dry after using lemon juice.
5) Use Sunscreen
Sunscreen is not only important for the skin on your face, it is equally important for the skin on your lips. Whenever you step out of the house make sure that you use this in order to protect your skin from harmful rays of the sun.
6) Be Careful With The Cosmetics You Use
Bad quality cosmetics can cause dark spots on your lips. The harsh chemicals and other ingredients used in cosmetics cause skin damage on the lips. Therefore, make sure that you check the expiry date of the products like lipsticks, balms, etc., before buying them.
7) Cut Down On Your Coffee
Are you among those who are addicted to drinking coffee frequently? If you are, then you must try reducing this addiction of yours. The caffeine content in coffee leads to dark lips being formed most of the time.