All our beauty efforts are directed towards one objective and that is clear skin. And when we say clear skin, we mean skin that is free of blemishes, ageing spots, fine lines, pimples and dry patches. And to address them all, what you need are vitamin face masks.
Vitamin capsules are highly concentrated and as such work faster. However, not just any capsule is going to bring about the desired result.
You need to understand your skin type and its unique problems. And later invest time in research, as to how a given vitamin capsule or pill works to treat the problem.
Also Read: 5 Collagen-boosting Masks To Erase Wrinkles
For instance, aspirin is highly concentrated in salicylic acid, which soothes puss-filled acne and reduces marks.
Similarly, vitamin E has a high ratio of antioxidants, which clarifies skin of the impurities, lightens skin tone and gives it a radiant glow.
However, the real point of concern is, how much is too much? Is it skin-safe? And how fast can you see the results?
So that's why we've listed out the specific amount to be used for each pack, and depending on your skin type, you can tweak the amount.
It is recommendable to patch test the pack first to eliminate the possibility of allergies or side effects.
When used consistently, these packs can show results anywhere between 15 and 30 days, so try them out.
Salicylic acid in aspirin exfoliates the skin, removes blemishes and soothes acne.
1 cup of distilled water
1 tablespoon of organic honey
- Dissolve aspirins in a tablespoon of distilled water.
- Let the pill dissolve and keep adding water, until you get a pasty consistency.
- Add in the honey.
- Apply a thin coat of the mask all over your face and neck.
- After 20 minutes, rinse and pat dry.
- Use this mask not more than once a week.
- Caution: Never use more than 8 capsules, as it can cause irritation.
Vitamin E Capsules
Packed with antioxidants, vitamin E mask penetrates deep into the skin layers. This pack seals in the moisture, making the skin turn supple and smooth.
3 vitamin E capsules
5 drops of almond oil
- Break open vitamin E capsules and extract its gel.
- Mix the gel with almond oil.
- Massage it on to your skin, every night, before going to sleep.
- In the morning, rinse off with cold water.
Also Read: 6 Homemade Masks To Get Rid Of Flabby Arms
Vitamin C Pill
L-ascorbic acid in vitamin C boosts the collagen level in skin, which in turn promotes skin regeneration and improves elasticity.
1 vitamin C capsule or pill
1 tablespoon of rose water
½ a tablespoon of glycerin
5 drops of rosehip oil
- Mix all three ingredients together in a smooth paste.
- Apply it like a moisturiser every night before going to sleep.
- This vitamin C mask will not just make your skin acne-free, but also improves its texture, tone and tightness.
It is full of good bacteria, which protects the skin against free radicals, reduces black spots, locks in the moisture and soothes skin inflammation.
2 or 3 probiotic capsules
5 drops of lavender oil
5 drops of almond oil
- Mix the oils together.
- Break open the capsules and then add the content to the oil.
- Mix until everything blends well together.
- Apply a thin coat on to your face and neck.
- Wait till you feel your skin stretch and then rinse it with cold water.
- Follow this home remedy for clear skin, twice a week.
Seaweed is full of skin regenerative properties, vitamins and minerals that exfoliate the skin of dead cells, promote healthy skin and reduce fine lines.
3 seaweed capsules
10 drops of apricot oil
1 teaspoon of organic honey
- Cut open the seaweed capsule and add it to honey and apricot oil.
- Apply a thin coat of vitamin face mask all over your face and neck.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes and then rinse.
- Repeat this home remedy for clear skin twice in a week.
Carrot Oil Capsules
Beta-carotene in carrot can repair the damaged skin cells, boost circulation, giving your skin a radiant instant glow.
2 carrot oil capsules
2 drops of rosemary oil
2 drops of almond oil
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Wash your face and massage your skin with the solution.
- Leave it on overnight.
- Wash it off in the morning.
- If your skin becomes too greasy, adjust the content.