- 4 hrs ago Happy Birthday Yami Gautam: The Top 5 Stunning Dress Moments Of The Ginny Weds Sunny Actress
- 5 hrs ago Season’s Greetings: Heart-warming Greetings, Messages For Family, Friends and Colleagues
- 8 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 28 November 2020
- 19 hrs ago Quotes, Wishes And Messages To Share On 50th Wedding Anniversary
- Education UPSEE 2021: AKTU University Scraps Entrance Exam, Admission Through JEE Main
- News Donald Trump suffers another setback as US court rejects Pennsylvania lawsuit
- Finance Post Office Savings Account To Attract Non-Maintenance Charges From December 12
- Sports India vs Australia 2020 2nd ODI: Date, India Time, Probable 11, TV Channel List, Live Streaming Details
- Movies Arjun Kapoor Begins Shooting For Bhoot Police, Says It's Refreshing To Be Outdoors
- Technology KAUST E-Skin: The Future Of Electronic Skin, Set To Change Medicine Forever
- Automobiles Ather 450 Electric Scooter Discontinued: Also Introduces Pre-Owned Vehicle Sales Program
- Travel Romantic Places for Couples To Visit In India This Holiday Season
No matter what the weather is, thanks to the strong air-conditioner, we are exposed to constantly, our lips end up looking chapped, dry and dark most of the time. And chapstick can help only so much, which is why we've curated these tips on how to get rid of dark lips fast!
Unlike your entire body, your lips do not have any sweat glands. No sweat glands means no moisture, which is why your lips tend to dry out faster.
Also, your lips are constructed of 4 to 5 cellular layers, whereas your body skin consists of 16 layers, which is why your lips are thin.
And as you age, the collagen count of your body, a protein that determines the youthfulness of your skin, breaks down further making your lips thin! To keep the plumpness of your pout intact, you need to constantly moisturise your lips.
What causes your lips to become dark and dry? Smoking, dehydration, exposure to sun, vitamin deficiency and using low-quality lipsticks are some of the reasons.
If you want to know how to get rid of dark lips fast, then continue reading. The answer to your query lies in the use of potent herbs.
How do these herbs to treat dark lips work? They slough off the dead skin layer, deeply penetrate the skin layers, hydrating the lips and reducing the pigmentation buildup overtime. Thus, giving your lips a rosy tint.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to get rid of dark lips fast and heal cracked lips naturally!
Take a few drops of baby oil in a cotton ball and gently rub it over your lips. Repeat the process, until every last residue of the lipstick and dirt from the day comes off.
Next, dip a soft towel in hot water, wring out the excess and gently dab it onto your lips. The steam from the cloth will open the pores and help the lips absorb the lip-nourishing mask better.
Take a bowl, add a teaspoon of olive oil to it and an equal amount of sugar. Mix the two ingredients until you get a gritty paste. Apply it liberally onto your lips and scrub in a circular motion. Do this for a minute and then rinse it off. Pat the skin dry with a soft towel. This simple step will remove the dead skin layer, without drying out your lips, making your pout appear super-smooth.
Now, coming down to the actual herbal mask for dry lips. Soak 4 to 5 rose petals in a teaspoon of raw milk. Let it sit for a couple of hours and then grind it into a smooth paste. Rose will soothe, heal and nourish your lips, while adding a rosy tint to it.
Add half a teaspoon of milk cream to the rose petal paste and mix it well. Milk cream is deeply emollient that will heal cracked skin, making it supple and the lactic acid present will overtime reduce the dark pigment of the lips.
Lastly, add 3 drops of castor oil to the herbal mask for dark lips. Castor oil has vitamin E and antioxidants that moisturise lips, while protecting them against the damaging free radicals.
The mask should have a creamy consistency. If there is any lump, keep whipping it with a fork to get a smooth paste. Massage a liberal quantity to your lips. Massage in a circular motion for 30 seconds or more. It will stimulate blood flow and allow the mask to seep in better.
Let the mask sit overnight. In the morning, using a soft-bristled baby brush, exfoliate your lips, do not exert too much pressure. Later, apply a deep-nourishing lip balm.
Lip Care Rules
- Invest in a herbal lip balm infused with SPF properties. Believe it or not, sun exposure is the primary reason why your lips are becoming dark.
- Never lick your lips. Saliva further dries out your lips, making it chapped.
- Cut down on caffeine, as it causes pigmentation in lips.
- Drink as much water as you can. Keep a bottle handy at all times. Hydrated system can really make a difference to your dry lips.
What To Expect?
Apply this hydrating lip mask every night before going to sleep regularly and DO NOT scrub your lips every night though. In a month, you will notice your lips becoming visibly plump and turn light rose pink from dark mud brown!