Makeup sponges are the best way to apply your makeup. They give you a flawless airbrushed finish. It is extremely easy to use and it also makes your makeup look natural. But, did you know that these makeup sponges can be reused?
Here, we will be sharing pointers on how you can clean these makeup sponges. Earlier, there never used to be a concept of cleaning makeup sponges. But thanks to the shape of these, they are so perfect to use that we just can't throw them away.
Even if we wanted to, they aren't really priced that cheap. And we all know how badly it can impact our skin, to be using dirty makeup tools. It can cause breakouts due to the makeup from the dirty tools attracting dust, and then the dust coming into contact with your face.
So, that's why you'll need to be very careful while cleaning your makeup sponge. It is important to be gentle too, so that the sponge does not get ruined.
Here are the steps to clean a makeup sponge. Take a look.
1. Dampen it, just the way you would, had you been using it to apply your makeup.
2. Squeeze out the excess water from it. Don't be too harsh or the sponge may tear.
3. Apply any liquid soap to it and keep rubbing it.
4. Dampen it once more and squeeze out the water. You'll see makeup coming off.
5. Be patient and keep repeating this process till it is spotless clean.
6. Make sure all the soap is out of the sponge by squeezing it constantly.
7. Let it dry. Leave it in a cool room for it to dry, so you can use it once again. And that's how you can make your makeup sponge last as long as possible.