Using a razor to remove unwanted hair from your body is the easiest method to remove body hair. No pain, no side effects of hair removal cream, you just need to apply soap well and use a razor to remove hair from your legs, arms and underarms.
As razor gives you an instant smooth skin without hair, it brings along a peril too, which is a razor burn.
Before discussing tips for razor burn relief, you should know what a razor burn is. Do you feel a burning sensation after shaving?
Also Read: Ways To Prevent Itching After Shaving
Sometimes, you may have noticed redness on your skin after using a razor. This is nothing but a razor burn. If you don't take appropriate steps, then this burning and redness can cause further skin damage.
In some cases, you may have to even consult a doctor if the condition is not brought under control. So, why not reduce the problem at the beginning with tips for curing a razor burn, right?
After-shave lotion (for men) and toner (for women) can soothe the skin irritation. However, the chemicals in those products may aggravate the problems.
There is nothing better than natural tips for relief from razor burn. These ingredients are easily available in your home.
After all, rubbing cucumber on razor burn can work much better than using a market-made product. Here are some effective tips to cure razor burns. Read on to know more.
1. Aloe Vera Gel: The skin benefits of aloe vera are numerous and now it can also be used to heal razor burns. The application is quite easy too. You just need to take the gel out of the leaves and apply it directly on to the affected area. For quick healing, this is the best method.
2. Cold Compress: Take a few ice cubes in a towel and tie it. Now, compress the area with it. You can also soak your towel in cold water and press it on the burn. The cooling effect will soothe your skin and reduce redness and itching.
Also Read: Tips For A Clean Shave
3. Apple Cider Vinegar: The anti-inflammatory property in this vinegar reduces inflammation and burning sensation and the acetic acid present in it prevents the infection further. But, if you have sensitive skin, always dilute it with water before applying it.
4. Creams With Salicylic Acid: While you are looking for quick tips for razor burn relief, use this remedy. Just take an appropriate amount and rub it gently on the affected area. Wait until it gets dry.
5. Aspirin: Did you know that it can cure a razor burn effectively? You just need to put 2 aspirins in a spoon of water and make a paste out of it. Apply it on the affected area and wait for 10 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water. But, people with sensitive skin should avoid this method.
6. Use A Moisturising Shaving Cream: If you want effective tips for relief from razor burn, take this precaution. Instead of using any soap, buy a nice branded moisturising shaving cream. Not only does this make shaving a lot more smoother, it also retains the moisture level of your skin.
7. Black Tea: Razor burn causes inflammation and redness. To heal those, black tea is one of the best natural remedies. It contains tannic acid which can heal teh burn faster than other methods. Soak tea bags in cold water and rub it on the affected area. Repeat the process if needed.
8. Witch Hazel: If your skin bleeds while shaving; witch hazel can instantly stop blood flow. The astringent properties in this helps the blood vessels to constrict faster. Consider this as one of the best tips to cure a razor burn.