- 7 hrs ago Are There Any Harmful Effects Of Staying Indoors On Your Skin?
- 8 hrs ago Foods to Eat And Avoid For Metabolic Syndrome
- 8 hrs ago Kriti Sanon, Alia Bhatt, And Other Divas Who Flaunted Neon Numbers And Gave Summer Fashion Goals
- 8 hrs ago From Cabbage Masks To Bird Beak Masks, Here Are 8 Masks That Will Make Your Eyes Pop Out
- News Cyclone Nisarga: Mumbai on alert; 110 KPH winds, 6 feet waves expected
- Movies Suresh Gopi's Kaaval: Here's A Major Update On The Project!
- Sports Root could miss first Test of behind-closed-doors Windies series
- Finance Reliance Industries Rights Issue Becomes World's Biggest By Non-Finance Co In 10 Years
- Automobiles Suzuki Access 125 & Burgman Street BS6 Scooters Prices Hiked: Here Is The New Price List
- Technology Mitron TV App Gets Suspended From Play Store For Violating Security Policies
- Travel Post Lockdown Travel List: Hotspots In Spain
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Is your skin too patchy, dry and lifeless? It is time to take a much-needed break from chemically formulated skin care products and give natural ingredients a go! And only remedy we will suggest is homemade carrot masks!
Carrot is a boon to your skin and we are not even exaggerating! Imagine your skin as a parched dry land that is cracking, flaking, muddy and dry. Carrot is that fountain of wholesome goodness, which can breathe life into your skin! And here is how.
Carrot contains a vital component called beta-carotene, which sloughs off dead skin layers, locks in the moisture in skin and promotes the renewal of new skin cells.
Carrot has a high ratio of vitamins A, D and K, which together form a powerful antioxidant. It is this antioxidant that improves the skin's collagen level, which in turn improves elasticity, slowing down ageing process.
What's more, carrot has antiseptic properties that clarify the skin of impurities, dry out acne and kill other infection-causing bacteria!
Above and beyond all, carrot works as a natural bleach that tones, tightens and lightens the skin tone.
Now that you know exactly what carrot can do, here is how you can use carrot on skin!
- Peel, dice and grate carrot into a fine paste, and mix it with a tablespoon of honey.
- Mix until all the ingredients blend well.
- Rinse your face and apply a thin coat of the mask to your face and neck.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes, scrub and rinse with plain water.
- You will notice a visible difference in your skin tone in the first application!
- When you make carrot juice, take the leftover pulp from the blender in a bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of honey, 2 vitamin E capsules gel and a required amount of milk cream to whip it into a smooth paste.
- Cleanse your face with a mild cleanser and apply the mask.
- Apply a thin coat of the mask to your face and neck.
- Wait till it dries and then rinse it clean.
- Packed with skin-loving vitamins, this herbal carrot mask will keep fine lines at bay!
Skin Whitening Mask
- Mix 2 tablespoons of milk powder with 1 tablespoon of carrot juice.
- Keep stirring it with a fork, until you get a smooth paste.
- Apply a thin coat to your face and neck.
- Let it get absorbed into the skin for about 30 minutes.
Scrub and rinse.
- Apply this carrot pack for glowing skin twice a week.
Dry Skin Mask
- Take a bowl, mix 1 tablespoon of cucumber juice, with 1 tablespoon of carrot juice and 10 drops of almond oil.
- Mix for the ingredients to incorporate.
- Massage the solution on to your face in a circular motion.
- Do this for 5 minutes and then let it sit for another 15 minutes.
- Rinse it clean with lukewarm water.
- This mask will hydrate your skin, making it supple and smooth.
Oily Skin Mask
- Take 1 tablespoon of besan, 1 tablespoon of carrot juice and a few drops of lemon juice.
- Using buttermilk, mix the ingredients into a smooth consistency, until there are no lumps formed.
- Apply a thin coat to your face and neck.
- Let it sit till dry, scrub and rinse with plain water.
- This mask will curb the excess oil, clear out skin and make it glow!
- Take a bowl, and divide the egg white from yolk.
- Add a teaspoon of honey, a teaspoon of carrot juice and an equal amount of curd to the egg white.
- Using a fork, beat it rigorously until it becomes frothy.
- Apply it to your face and neck.
- Let it sit, until you feel your skin stretch.
- Rinse it off with plain water.
- This carrot mask will repair your skin, remove tan and make your skin radiant!