We are for all things natural. After all, au naturel is the best way to go. A few articles ago, we told you how to make a highlighter at home. Going with the flow, this article will tell you about a natural way to make bronzer at home.
A bronzer is an important step while applying make-up. It is used for contouring. Highlighting and contouring go hand in hand. Highlightsare used to make your best facial features pop by using lightshades on the features you would want to highlight. On the other hand, a contour is just the opposite. Using dark colours, it is used to hide your facial flaws. If done correctly, both these techniques can transform your face and make you looklike a bombshell!
Instead of buying a bronzer from a store, you caneasily make one at home. Plus, the store-bought ones may contain ingredients which will irritate your skin and result in breakouts. Here is a simple method to prepare your own bronzer at home.
1) 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder
2)1 teaspoon cocoa powder
3) 1 teaspoon nutmeg powder
4) 2 teaspoons corn starch
5) 1/4 teaspoon hibiscus powder
6)10-15 drops of lavender essential oil
1) In a small bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together.
2) Add the essential oils and mix well.
3) Transfer the contents to an empty and clean compact.
4) Use this bronzer for contouring the next time you apply make-up.
5) If powder bronzers are not your thing, try mixing the dry ingredients from the above recipe with some fresh aloe vera gel. It will transform your powder bronzer into a creamy one.
Tips To Remember WhileUsing The Bronzer
1) The bronzer that you prepare should be at least two times darker than your skin tone. The quantity of the ingredients mentioned above serves as a base for the preparation. Cocoa powder adds depth and darkness to this bronzer. So, add or subtract the quantity to make the bronzer ideal for your skin tone.
2) Contouring should be done before highlighting. Apply the bronzer after the foundation and before the highlighter.
3) Applying bronzer on the hollow of your cheekbones will give them a more defined look.
4) Apply the bronzer on the sides of your nose to create a shadow. This technique is widely used by professional artists to make the nose look sharper and defined; it will change the entire look of your face.
5) The ingredients used in this recipe are gentle on your skin. Nutmeg will even prevent breakouts from occurring.
Isn't it wonderful what you can do with simple kitchen ingredients? After reading this article, you will never see simple kitchen ingredients the same way again.
Similarly, you can substitute a lot of your daily use products with natural ingredients. You just need to look around and think. Or you can simply visit our blog regularly for inspiration to lead life, the natural way.