- 7 hrs ago Mahira Khan Makes Us Want To Attend A Wedding Right Now With Her Breathtaking Sari
- 7 hrs ago Exclusive: Doctor Shares How Parents Can Reduce Screen Time For Kids to Counter Myopia Risk
- 8 hrs ago Kalki Koechlin Just Made This Monsoon A Little More Fun With Dreamy Blue Eye Make-up!
- 23 hrs ago Kylie Jenner And BFF Anastasia Karanikolaou Give Us Insta-Perfect Party Fashion Moments
- Movies Ranveer Singh To Get His Very Own Star On The Dubai Walk Of Fame? Read Details!
- News From Modi to Rahul, how leaders reacted to Sheila Dikshit’s demise
- Finance HDFC Bank Q1 Profit Jumps 21%; Announces Interim Dividend And Share Split
- Technology Portronics ‘Power Wallet 10K: Travel Organizer With Built-in 10,000mAh Power Bank
- Automobiles Royal Enfield Sales Model-Wise Break-Up For June 2019 — 650-Twins Record Biggest Decline In Sales
- Sports Dhoni opts out of West Indies tour; to serve territorial army for two months
- Education ICSI CS Foundation June Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared On This Date
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
Today's women are fiercely independent. They do not mind spending few extra bucks to look beautiful and presentable all the time. There are a whole lot of products in the market for this purpose and women are spolit for choices when it comes to beauty products.
The makeup segment of the beauty market is ever growing. Apart from the existing products, new products keep making their way into the market. Women buy these new products just to try and most of the time, don't even know what it does.
When you are out to buy skin-care products for yourself, you need to keep in mind your requirements and not get carried away with various choices at display at the beauty aisle in your favourite store.
Your choices should depend on your skin type, age and other factors such as how long you were exposed to the elements. While we cannot tell you exactly what you need in your beauty kit and what you don't, we are here to give you a lowdown on three types of creams currently available in the market - BB creams, CC creams and DD creams.
Many of us feel confused with these different choices available to us. All the three creams are different and each serve a different purpose. Read on to know these in detail.
1) BB Cream:
Abbreviation to Beauty Balm and Beauty Benefit, this is the most common type of cream available. It usually provides medium to light coverage, evens the skin tone, offers daily sun protection and acts as a daily moisturizer. It is perfect for women who do not want to apply a heavy foundation for everyday casual or office purpose but need a little coverage to hide acne or dark spots.
Some BB creams also provide skin-lightening benefits. It is perfect for a last-minute urgent date or an urgent meeting. Just use a good BB cream on freshly washed face, use a bit of highlighter and a lipstick and you are good to go.
2) CC Creams:
CC creams have recently entered the Indian market and have managed to carve a nichè for themselves. They are short for Coverage control or Colour corrector. These are the next generation multi-purpose creams, which give lighter but better coverage than your average BB creams.
They act as a primer, brightner, foundation along with giving sun protection and anti-ageing benefits. They contain mineral pigments to blur imperfections. Some CC creams also contain free radical fighters, which will keep your skin sun-spot and wrinkle free. CC creams are for those who expect their daily beauty products to out-perform from their regular functions.
3) DD Creams:
Although DD creams are not heard of in the Indian market, there is a lot of curiosity regarding these BB and CC cream predecessors. DD stands for Daily Defence. Unlike the others, they do not offer sun protection or lightening properties. Instead they are heavy duty in texture and provide extra hydration to not just the face but hands and feet too.
They are usually created to target dry areas like the feet, knees and elbows. Some advanced DD creams in the foreign market offer anti-ageing benefits and smoothen out the skin to reduce fine lines.
Now that you know what these different creams do, choose the one which suits you the best. Following market trends blindly and buying new products just for the heck of it will not only stress out your skin, but also may have adverse effects.
Do not load your skin with unnecessary products. It needs to breathe too. Keeping your skin care routine simple will not only be pocket-friendly for you but it will also give you ample time to do other important things in your life.