Not everybody has healthy and shiny hair. We often face a number of hair problems in our day to day lives, especially with the kind of environment we live in. With so much pollution, dust, and dirt everywhere, our hair tends to suffer the most, leading to dry, dull, and damaged hair. So, what do we do in this situation?
Home remedies can be a great solution to your hair care problems. A benefit of opting for home remedies is that they involve all natural ingredients that are completely safe to use and are chemical-free and cost-effective.
Speaking of home remedies, have you ever tried using aloe vera for hair? If you haven't, you must try it today. Aloe vera has great deep conditioning properties that nourish, soften, hydrate, and moisturise your hair. You can make a conditioner at home using aloe vera. But before that, it is very important to know what are the benefits of aloe vera.
Why Is Aloe Vera Beneficial For Your Hair?
Aloe vera has a number of benefits attached to it. It is rich in vitamin C and E, as well as beta carotene that deeply nourish your tresses and also prevent premature greying of hair. One of the main benefits of aloe vera for hair is that it treats dry hair and provides it with the much-needed deep conditioning.
Besides, aloe vera also treats hair fall. The proteolytic enzymes present in aloe vera help to repair dead skin cells on your scalp, thus making it healthy and strong. Moreover, aloe vera also promotes hair growth, treats dandruff, provides relief from itchy scalp and conditions your hair - which is why it is one of the main ingredients in a homemade conditioner.
How To Make Aloe Vera Conditioner For Dry Hair?
- 8-10 tbsp freshly extracted aloe vera gel
- 1 tbsp peppermint essential oil
- 1 tbsp argan oil
- 1 tbsp jojoba oil/grapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp yoghurt
How to make
- In a small bowl, add the peppermint essential oil, argan oil, and jojoba oil and blend all of them together.
- Next, add honey to the oil concoction and mix it well.
- Lastly, add yoghurt to the mixture, blend it well, and set it aside.
- Now take a knife and a small bowl. Take some aloe vera leaves and peel off their skin.
- Scoop out the aloe vera gel from the leaves and pour it into a bowl until you get the required amount of gel for the conditioner.
- Once done, add the freshly extracted aloe vera gel to the mixture and whisk all the ingredients together to make a creamy paste.
- Store the newly made conditioner in an air-tight transparent jar for future use.
How to apply
- Wash your hair thoroughly with a sulphate-free shampoo.
- Now, using a comb or your fingers, divide your hair into small sections.
- Take generous amounts of aloe vera conditioner on your hands and massage it on to your scalp using your fingertips.
- Ensure that you apply the conditioner on your hair as well - from roots to tips.
- Wait for 5-10 minutes and then rinse off your hair with lukewarm water.
- Wipe your hair with a towel and leave it for air drying.
- Use this conditioner every time you shampoo your hair (preferably twice a week) for desired results and say goodbye to dry hair in no time.
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship