A lot of women like to experiment with their looks nowadays. We see a lot of women going for drastic makeovers. From revamping their wardrobe, hitting the gym and getting in shape or chopping off their long locks, women do take a lot of effort.
And for those who don't mind the extra attention coming their way, the best makeover may be to colour your hair blonde.
If you are a big fan of Hollywood celebrities like Marilyn Monroe, the thought of going blonde may have occurred to you more than once. While this decision may need a lot of re-thinking, it also needs a lot of preparing. You might have to chop off some length of your hair after the process in order to get rid of the dead ends.
Once you have made up your mind about going blonde, the biggest road-block you may face is the cost of the procedure in salons. It is always recommended to get professional help if you want to achieve that perfect look, but paying exorbitant amounts for it may be a bit of a turn off.
But it is possible to get blonde hair at home by using a bleaching agent like hydrogen peroxide. So, follow this simple step-by-step method to get that perfect blonde hair without any visits to the salon.
Materials Required For The Method:
1) 3% hydrogen peroxide (higher than 3% will severely damage hair and can cause hair fall)
3) Hair clips
4) Tail comb
5) Spray bottle
7) Shower cap
9) 20 developer (Ask your beauty retailer for guidance)
9-Step Procedure To Have Blonde Hair
1) Do a strand test as mentioned earlier to estimate the amount of time required by the hydrogen peroxide to work on your hair to give you the desired blonde look.
2) Fill the spray bottle with water first and spray lightly on the hair. Hydrogen peroxide works better on damp hair.
3) Section your hair with clips. This will ensure that the hydrogen peroxide is evenly distributed through the hair and will give it a more professional look.
4) Make sure to cover your hair with a towel on your shoulders before moving on to the next step.
5) Next, fill the spray bottle with hydrogen peroxide. Spray it on one section of your hair. Comb throughout the length, many times, for even distribution. Work one section at a time until all the sections are covered evenly with hydrogen peroxide.
6) Cover your hair with a shower cap and keep it on for the time determined by the strand test. DO NOT leave it on for more than 45 minutes though. Remove the shower cap and rinse your hair under cold water. At this stage, your hair might have a yellow/orange tint. A toner will eliminate it and give you platinum blonde. If you like this colour, you can just skip steps 7 and 8 and jump to step 9.
7) For platinum blonde hair, blow dry your hair to the lowest setting. Mix equal amounts of toner and 20 developer. A toner is a semi-permanent dye, which will neutralize the unwanted hues of bleaching.
8) Apply the mixture onto the hair and leave it on for 25 minutes. Wash off with cold water.
9) Lastly, deep condition your hair or better still go for a keratin treatment to provide deep nourishment for your hair. This will soften your hair and make it look healthy.
Tips To Follow After The Procedure:
1) After the procedure, use a shampoo and conditioner that are especially designed for coloured hair only.
2) Do not wash your hair for more than twice a week.
3) Avoid heat styling your hair, as it will lead to further damage. Let your hair air dry.
4) Consider cutting the damaged hair roots for a more finished look after the procedure.
- 5 Beauty Mistakes You Probably Didn't Know Of
- Worried Of Unwanted Facial Hair? Here Are 3 Amazing Papaya Face Packs!
- Conditioning Recipes For Curly Hair
- How To Take Care Of Brittle Hair
- Advantages Of Using Castor Oil And Sesame Oil For Treating Hair Loss
- Wonderful DIY Hair Masks For Curly Locks
- Who Said Blondes Are Not Smart?