What is the first thing noticed by people when they look at you? Your face and hair. Although your face is equally important, your hair makes or breaks the look.
Smooth, shiny, bouncy and voluminous tresses are a dream to many. And constant colouring with chemical treatments may leave your mane looking dull, lifeless and can also cause hair fall. Indian weather may also worsen the condition further.
Volumeless and limp hair is not considered to be very attractive, as it is an indication of hair fall and poor health. It also adds years to your look, as voluminous hair is considered a sign of youth.
The market is hoarded with products which promise to add volume to your hair but they are only loaded with chemicals.
Some products may contain ingredients which may further irritate your hair, causing it more damage. Thereby, it is advised to use natural ingredients to get the volume back to your hair.
Here are a few DIY hair masks that are proven to give you a fuller mane. Check these out!
Beer And Honey Mask:
Beer is known to provide volume to the hair and was used by women hundreds of years ago. Honey, on the other hand, has natural humectant properties, which adds the much-needed moisture to the hair.
- A cup of beer
- 3 tablespoons of honey
1) Mix both the ingredients and apply it to the roots of your hair.
2) Extend the mask to the lengths.
3) Cover with a plastic cap.
4) Wash off after an hour.
Beer And Egg Yolk
Another mask with beer, which includes egg yolk that contains the right amount of protein to make your hair and follicles thicker and stronger is this effective beer-egg yolk mask.
- A cup of beer
- 1 egg yolk
1) Mix both the ingredients in a bowl.
2) Apply this mixture to damp hair and leave it on for 30 minutes.
3) Rinse it normally.
Avocado Hair Mask:
Avocados are a powerhouse of vitamins A, D, E and B6. It is also high in proteins, amino acids, magnesium, folic acid, copper and iron.It is a holy grail of lifeless and limp hair. Addition of castor oil will give it a much-needed boost to your hair.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 3 tablespoons of castor oil
1) Remove the flesh of the avocado.
2) Blend it with the rest of the ingredients.
3) Apply it on to the hair and leave it on for at least an hour.
Aloe Vera Mask
Aloe vera is another magical ingredient to treat all our skin and hair woes. You can eliminate a lot of chemical-based hair products and simply substitute it with aloe vera instead. Its gel base is known to bring back the volume to your hair and make it bouncy.
- 3 tablespoons of aloe vera gel
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1) Mix the above ingredients in a bowl.
2) Rub the mixture onto the scalp and hair roots.
3) Leave it on for 15-20 minutes and cover it with a shower cap.
4) Rinse with water as usual.
Castor Oil And Oats Mask
Castor oil is excellent in adding volume to the hair and when mixed with oats and milk, it can make your hair go from dull to super bouncy.
- 1 tablespoon of castor oil
- Half a cup of milk
-1/4th cup of ground oats
1) Blend all the above-mentioned ingredients in a blender.
2) Massage the mixture onto your hair and scalp.
3) Leave it on for 15-20 minutes.
4) Wash it off as usual.
Apart from the above-mentioned remedies, here are a few things you can do to increase your hair volume:
- Blow-dry your hair by flipping it upside down.
- Tease the roots of your hair by back-combing it.
- Do not use loads of conditioner, as your hair may fall flat.
- Use a dry shampoo towards the roots and scrunch up your hair.
- If you want to add volume to your simple ponytail, simply part your hair in half, top and bottom.
Secure both the parts with a rubber band and then use another rubber band by combining both the parts. This will give your pony a fuller look.